Winter Bike blues - what to do?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:43 am

bmwonder wrote:What are the dates for the HRT Cadwell days? How much?

Tuesday May 9th; Tuesday July 11th; Tuesday Sept 19th - £140 for the first one, £130 for any additional ones. Download the booking forms and all will be revealed :wink:

Nigel - I see Group A is more select than when I last did it. Would I still be able to ride in that one or is it a bit mental? :shock:

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Nigel

Postby Nigel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:33 pm

Hi Adam,

Marts. just trying to get a less rigid format into the AM session for Group "A", I think. Several people have been before, know the procedure so it can get alittle predictable especially as quite a few do more than one date a year.Having said that, i think it works well and builds the pace up gradually so by the PM session you're smoother, quicker,and get more fun out of it.
Yes there were some rapid guys last year but as you know it's about finding you're comfort level without scaring yourself! :shock:
Go for a low level in Group "A" and see how the group goes.
You can always move up or down. :roll:

Cheers

Nigel
Follow me....I'll show you where to fall off.....

izustu

Postby izustu » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:06 am

Just thought I'd post a bit of an update. Ohlins turned up this week, and a Remus Y piece is due today. Plan on fitting these in the next couple of weeks. New Z6's going on today, and I'll book in for 42K service with SLM. The plan now being to get another 40K miles out of the thing, far cheaper than a new 'S' or 'BCR'. :D It'll still look like a minger, but it will handle! Thanks for all the advice.

Simon

izustu

Latest update on project minger.

Postby izustu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:53 am

Hi guys.

Well yesterday I with the help of a friend fitted the Remus Y piece and Ohlins front and back.

Wow :shock:
Can't believe how much difference the shocks make 8)

Even on bog standard settings, I can see these babies making riding a lot more enjoyable for the next 40K miles. I won't dial in any different settings until the weather improves. In any case, I can only see me needed a touch more preload at rear, and maybe a touch more rebound/comp damping.

Fitting the shocks was simple, but the Remus was a touch difficult. I'm glad I was in Dave's workshop, and I can recommend him if you don't have the time/space/tools or experience. Took 4 hours to do the whole lot, including eating a sausage sandwich!

Thanks again for the advice, and Ian for the Remus.

Simon

Return to “Boxerbanter”