Hood biking jeans.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Hood biking jeans.

Postby Gromit » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:25 am

Hi all,

Need a bit of a re-fresh with some of my biking gear, one main item being my jeans. Been taking a close look at some of the quality denim stuff on the market and, trying my best to read through the advertising hyperbole, it would seem that Hood get rated highly.

Anyone have an experience of them at all?

Ta. :-)

ianc53

Re: Hood biking jeans.

Postby ianc53 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:31 am

Hi Richard

Can't help re Hood but after watching some reviews from MotoLegends (wordy but thorough) ended up buying some Rokker jeans for my US trip last year. Thankfully not yet destruction tested but very comfortable and very happy with them so far.

All the best

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:15 am

ianc53 wrote:Hi Richard

Can't help re Hood but after watching some reviews from MotoLegends (wordy but thorough) ended up buying some Rokker jeans for my US trip last year. Thankfully not yet destruction tested but very comfortable and very happy with them so far.

All the best

Ian

Thanks Ian - I dare say we only find the true worth of these products when they're put to 'use' as it were. It would appear that denim biking jeans have come a long way though and have to meet strict PPE criteria these days.

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:23 pm

I did the same as Ian earlier in the season and splurged on a pair of Rokkers. Super comfy, wear just like denim jeans, and I've worn them far more than I thought I would. A mate who does a lot of miles recommended Hood, and they're cheaper too. I went for Rokkers persuaded by Motolegends pitch on single layer jeans, but tbh I think it's probably pot luck and the standard is so high among the majors that you're likely to get on with whatever you go for.

I would definitely go with Motolegends recommendation of buying 2" longer than your normal jeans length. Your normal length is very likely to ride up too high on the bike; hemming is dead easy DIY, even easier if you have access to a sewing machine...

Hth, James

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi Richard, I saw a pretty good review of all top end jeans by a you tuber Freddie Dobbs . It is definitely worth a watch as I think Hood come out as best value for money in his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mE-yYFjbro

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:55 am

I've got/tried/ridden in:

Hoods (can't remember the model name): Thick heavy denim, Aramid shorts built in, hot as hell on a hot day and far too thick to wear in the office. Good Spring/Autumn jeans.

Lindstrands Macan : Oddly cut, very small pockets, not terribly comfy on the bike.

Rokker ML Legend: (these are the MotorLegends "special") Seem very comfy (if a bit tight, they're "stretchy"), and comfy on the bike too.

Have crashed in:
ShoShoni (The originals, predate Hoods/Draggin jeans):. Saved my legs in an off on the IoM from about 80mph (this was in the '90s). The knee armour (old dual-density foam) in the knee tore up, but protected my knee cap (probably would have lost the knee cap in regular jeans). Otherwise were virtually unscathed despite sliding down at least 100 yards of finest Manx tarmac.

Oh yeah - I always fit decent neoprene rubber armour (the foam stuff is shite). Up until recently I've always used Hein Gericke Hiprotec Rubber, but recently have been using D3O (mainly because the HG stuff is like rocking horse dung). Yes I've crashed in neoprene rubber armour, yes it HAS saved me from serious injury.
non quod, sed quomodo

Return to “Boxerbanter”