motorcycle live

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stoney

Re: motorcycle live

Postby stoney » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Wonder if he’s the culprit for me catching Covid?
Andy

templen

Postby templen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:56 pm

stoney wrote:Wonder if he’s the culprit for me catching Covid?

Holy sh*t. Now there's a thought.
R1200 GSA
Audi TTS
Sealine S34
"Make Tea not War"

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:50 am

McGuinness and Whitham 'Live on Stage' in Wolverhampton on the Thurs night was very good. Me & 4 Mates had bought VIP tickets and they were well worth it. John flew from Aberdeen, Gary got the train from Edinburgh, Will got the train up from Plymouth and Me and Billy flew from Edinburgh. We were all merry by the time we met at the venue :lol: which was spot on by the way. Buffet was good and the 'Craic' was spot on, we even managed to drag the two protagonists into our conversation :wink: John had brought his senior and Superbike TT winning Blade which he wheeled in as we were drinking. All VIP's got a photo with John & Jamie stood with John's bike and we asked for a group photo which they happily allowed. There was 100+ people and we had seats in the second row from the front and even got a mention from John & Jamie for our distance travelled 8) They were very candid and blunt and used 'Industrial language' at times which was fine by us and gave us an incite into their world which is normally the case at these 'do's'. They had a break half way through and there was the raffle draw and an auction. I won a McGuinness signed replica of the McGuinness's corner sign from the IOM in the raffle :D and Gary and Billy both bid the highest and won framed photo's £500 7 £190 respectively. The second half included a question and answer session which I got a question 'in' and we collected our printed, signed group photo's from earlier before jumping in a taxi and heading to Broad Street in Birmingham for a few more 'sherberts' before hitting the sack about 5am :P

We were all a little delicate at breakfast but were soon in a taxi to the NEC after a cooked breakfast and crap coffee :roll: . We enjoyed the bike show, some great looking new bikes and the Classic Suzuki road and race bikes were superb, as was the collection of Blades on the Honda stand which stood out for me. The two Norton's just look edible, lets hope they get it right for all concerned. We were 'back on the sauce' before midday - 'kill or cure' we reckoned and so it proved, all on form by 12:30. Billy and I bought an Abba Ski Lift each, after doing a deal on top of the show deal which we were very happy with.

Back into Birmingham and straight into the best curry house I have ever had the pleasure of stepping into - Asha's and I can't praise it enough. Yes it was a little expensive but worth every penny, greeting, table, service, the food - oh the food, best chicken Jalfrezi I have ever had the pleasure of eating and we all agreed the whole experience was superb. Back to the hotel by 7pm and we agreed to meet downstairs in 10 mins. I fell asleep and woke at 3am :shock: :lol: so missed the nights frivolity which was another 5am touch apparently so I was the happiest 'kiddie' at breakfast :lol:

All in all these shows are what you make of them and who you are with in my opinion and on that basis, we had a magic couple of days.

Billy's and My plane was the last to leave and so we were in a boozer for 12:30 being serenaded by Cardiff City fans 'on the piss' before their game with Birmingham and they were great craic. Flight went without incident and we were all home by night. Liver transplant my be required :lol:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:25 pm

I`ve a hangover just reading that. :wink:

Stoney... Andy, i`ll take the old gs off your hands. I need a sea anchor for my boat. Hope its quick for you and you do not suffer too much.

PS I`ll have the messenger bag off your shoulder as well if you do not mind.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 pm

boxerscott wrote:I`ve a hangover just reading that. :wink:

Stoney... Andy, i`ll take the old gs off your hands. I need a sea anchor for my boat. Hope its quick for you and you do not suffer too much.

PS I`ll have the messenger bag off your shoulder as well if you do not mind.

Chris

Chris, you're just in denial - you KNOW how good the GS really is :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Boxerbanter”