Getting Back on the Boxer

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

jonton

Getting Back on the Boxer

Postby jonton » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Guys,

I sold off my R1100S three years ago when my daughter was born. But now I'm nudging up against the big five-oh and the itch to get an R1200S is scratching.

There are a lot on sale at the moment (August 2021). I count 5 on eBay and 6 on Autotrader, with a couple common to both sites.

Since I'm in the South-East this one caught my eye:https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202108206456859

It looks like it's either presently or formerly owned by one of the members here, can someone let me know the history?

Cheers,

Jon

Keith_P

Re: Getting Back on the Boxer

Postby Keith_P » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:44 pm

Looks like a good 'un - low mileage & very clean, plus the very-useful panniers...
'18 939 Hypermotard
'06 R1200S

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:00 am

+1 on looking like a good one. The previous owner has clearly had the good taste to apply some Boxertrix stickers, so must be thoroughly sound to have passed the rigorous vetting process to be able to buy them :wink: Seriously though, it looks like a nice example.
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 am

That's my old bike and Andy Griff before me. I put the 'Trixter stickers on it.
It was an exceptional bike when I had it from Andy and came with many more spares than are advertised with it now. Helibars, spare seat, new Imberger carbon head covers etc.
Also it had a cracking Akrapovich exhaust which I see is removed and back to standard.
I only had it for a couple of years as I had severe neck and back issues (not from the bike) which stopped me riding with low bars and high pegs.
I sold it to "Stanley" on here who lived in Stockport and he must have sold it to this person whose telephone code is Cirencester.

Search on here for posts by Stanley as there are some pics of him doing a trackday or two and the spares he sold off.
That in my mind means the price is a little high, but still a good bike without all the spares.
You pays yer money and makes your choice.
John M

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:30 am

Jon,

Yes, this was my old R1200S. Bought 2012 from a delaer ooop North. As John says it had x£100s of extras and had been well loved by the owner previous to me. I had it til 2015 and it was lightly used and well maintained.
These are great bikes and I loved mine coming from an 1100S so I think you will too. But, they are a niche bike so the price is high at £5295 in my opinion.
They are also more extreme as a riding position than the 1100 so you may want to budget for helibars ( I fitted them but they have been removed). :D

richphela

Postby richphela » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 am

They're gorgeous bikes (r1200s) but out of my price range.
I'm disabled so cant afford such a lovely bike, imho the nicest shape ever made.
I'll be happy with a decent r1100s but they're getting a steep too.
I think October will be the month for getting it.
God knows what the weather will be like coming back from Deutschland!! :roll:

Return to “Boxerbanter”