It's been a while!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Mike B

It's been a while!

Postby Mike B » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Yes, it's been quite some time since I was on this site. Must be about 9 years in fact, JEEZ!

How's is everyone? i can still see some of the old names.

Is the owner of my lovely R1100s that I sold many years ago a member?
Yes, I sold it, what a plonker! it's it ever comes up for sale I want first refusal
There are only two things in life that are "Priceless"
Time & Health
Everything else can be bought or stolen.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: It's been a while!

Postby Paul » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Welcome back stranger. You will no doubt be pleased too hear that you made it onto the Boxertrix official roll of honour, with more than 500 posts to your name.

So what brings you back to this place after 9 long years without us? Can you give us some clues about your old 'S, such as it's registration, if you can remember it?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:40 am

I like the Kwaker Two Smoker in your picture !!!

I had two of those many years ago , a 350 triple and a 500 triple !!!

Yes, like you I bought an R1100S , with ABS , frightened myself silly with it, sold it , and then bought one off here without ABS.

I still have it , enjoy it and regularly ride it !
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:44 pm

ImageIMG_0039

This was my gorgeous R1100s

Reg Number AF 53 PTO

It's still has an MOT some some lucky bugger owns it.

I was diagnosed with a skeletal issue, I was warned not to ride bikes because I am too "brittle" So, I sold my Beemer!

After about a year i thought bugger this, and put one of my old bikes on the road. Yamaha RD350 YPVS. I was really enjoying myself again, and to hell with the risk. After a while I wanted something bigger. Enter the Triumph Trident 900. The Triumph was a really nice bike, different! similar to the beemer, a new experience for someone who had ridden jap bikes all my life. I eventually sold the Triumph and stopped riding again for a while. However, as you know if riding is in your blood it's hard to retire. I keep looking at bikes on the bay! But which was the nicest bike I have ever owned???
Yes, a BMW R1100s. The best road bike ever! If I was ever reunited with my old one, so much the better. I loved that bike.

Hmmmm Yes! the Kawasaki H2 Well it was a monster and a half. During the restoration the engine was really worked on. It ended up with reed valves from a snowmobile, race rods, special machined pistons, large carbs, extra clutch plates etc etc etc. The end result was 120 rear wheel BHP!. it was featured in Classic Mechanics years ago. I sold it, the guy that bought it emailed me later and said "it's too fast" lol

Time & Health

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:47 am

I hope you find your old BMW .

The Kwaka ! :shock: Wow, that sounded like quite some awesome machine !!!
Old man ... now .

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 pm

Welcome back!

Don't worry - you've not missed Boxerscott buying a round in the interim.................... :twisted:

:lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:22 am

Lol

Time & Health

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Hello...

It`s been a while for me too, but after a Triumph or three here I am again.
I was looking for a good R1100s , what I really wanted was my old bike, It was a cracking bike, loved it to bits and really regretted selling it...it was called AF53 PTO :wink:

I had it in 2009
, did I sell or buy it from you....I really don`t remember, good hunting, I believe its on the road with 35K on it now ..

cheers

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:11 pm

I get the nostalgia thing, back in the day and all that, in fact in a moment of nostalgia rising i bought a similar model of a bike that i owned 20 years ago.. sadly I can`t quite carry the YMCA look that i thought i could (erroneously)... that said i get the thing about buying a bike bike back that you had in an hedonistic period of your life. Whatever the itch, scratch it life`s too short.

:)

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:56 am

boxerscott wrote:I get the nostalgia thing, back in the day and all that, in fact in a moment of nostalgia rising i bought a similar model of a bike that i owned 20 years ago.. sadly I can`t quite carry the YMCA look that i thought i could (erroneously)... that said i get the thing about buying a bike bike back that you had in an hedonistic period of your life. Whatever the itch, scratch it life`s too short.

:)

Chris

I agree, I bought my Suzuki DRZ back from the chap I sold it to , when his health failed him .

It hadn't had the same attention to detail, cost me a couple of hundred to get it up and sorted, but I absolutely love riding it !

As you say, life is too short for regrets.

DRZ 400 SM  April 21  (3).jpg
DRZ 400 SM April 21 (3).jpg (963.95 KiB) Viewed 6234 times
Old man ... now .

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi Hayden

Yes, you owned it before me. You sold it to a guy up north, can’t remember exactly where. He didn't have it very long, then decided it wasn't for him.

I bought it from him

I would love it back

Time & Health

madthemad

Postby madthemad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:23 pm

I too have been off the site for a while. In early 2019 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The good news was that it could be whipped out robotically.
All I needed was a pre-op medical to see if there were any issues regarding the operation. The news was I have a heart condition that I did not know about. But the operation went ahead and the prostate was duly booted out cancer and all. Just before the op I decided to sell my bike just in case things didn't go as planned. So I spent a year without a bike. I have always had bikes from a very young age and of course I got the urge again to get another.
Sitting in the garden is a R1200 RS SE 2018. I've just been up to Lincolnshire for a week on it and it didn't miss a beat. I'm happy again. :)
Nil Desperandum

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:38 pm

welcome back!
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:11 pm

Good news all round.Welcome back
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Yogi Bear

Postby Yogi Bear » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:35 am

Mike B wrote:Yes, it's been quite some time since I was on this site. Must be about 9 years in fact, JEEZ!

How's is everyone? i can still see some of the old names.

Is the owner of my lovely R1100s that I sold many years ago a member?
Yes, I sold it, what a plonker! it's it ever comes up for sale I want first refusal

Welcome back

I had a similar length of absence but now have a minted R1100s in the best colour scheme (same as yours).

Good luck with your search

All the Best

Ali
“Wrinkles merely indicate where smiles have been”
Mark Twain

Return to “Boxerbanter”