Vertu BMW Sunderland

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Taz

Vertu BMW Sunderland

Postby Taz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:38 am

Credit where it is due, this is a shout out for Vertu BMW in Sunderland.

Back In November I was contemplating selling my 1200RT and packing in biking. The bike was SORNed and I had lost the urge to ride it. Thankfully, the need to get an MOT revealed that it was not that I had lost interest in motorcycling but rather that I was fed up with the RT and its bulk.

I contemplated selling the RT and then looking for something else in the Spring and so I got in touch with a 'webuyanybike' web site. They originally offered me £7300 against my own valuation of £9,500. They were quite persistent and after many telephone calls and emails they increased their offer to £8500 which I was sorely tempted with.

But then, whilst idly trawling through web sites, I came across Vertu BMW in Sunderland who had a R1250RS, nearly new, with only 2,000 miles on it. After a couple of telephone calls and an exchange of photographs the deal was done and I got what I thought the RT was worth.

Vertu then went the extra mile and delivered the RS, free of charge. Great service and nice people to deal with.

The RS is fabulous and being 35kg lighter than the RT, it is really easy to ride.

It's going in to Williams BMW in Manchester this week to have the extra spot lights fitted (not a DIY job as there is a software change needed) and again, great service so far from them.

Looking forward to some riding now that the restrictions are starting to be lifted.
Taz

R1250RS

So when is this 'Old enough to know better' supposed to kick in?

boxerscott

Re: Vertu BMW Sunderland

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:17 pm

New bike... exciting! seems px worked for you.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

ianc53

Postby ianc53 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:43 am

Well done Taz. The RS is a great bike. I've only got the 1200 but have had a few rides on the 1250 and it's even better.

Enjoy the bike.

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Excellent Taz, you have a pm regarding the cottage :D
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………