Has Covid restrictions stopped people posting?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Al

Re: Has Covid restrictions stopped people posting?

Postby Al » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:58 pm

Safety Camera Unit in Devon are certainly not staying at home and protecting the NHS, they are out and about nicking nurses, ask my wife, 37 in a 30 zone, oops!

“Screw it, ride your bike if you choose and live. Chris.” This would look good on a T shirt Chris :D

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 am

I went down to Hawick, and then through to Chris' in Jed on Saturday morning.

Had a new MOT done a couple of days before.

Between Hawick and Jedburgh, I started to think: "Is this bike actually taxed?" :oops:

Got to Chris' checked and found I had SORNed it back in November.............. :shock:

Found a copy of my V5 on my phone and got the tax on it before heading home. Knowing my luck, would get pinged by plod on the A68 home without it....................

Phew!
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:13 pm

So little to post about Chris Mate. I was furloughed for the 2nd time at the end of January and having done most of the work at home during last lockdown I had little to keep me busy apart from redecorating the bathroom. The weather stopped any outside fun apart from walking in the snow. I did pop a rucksack on me back and took the XJR for a spin a couple of weeks ago around a few lanes south of Edinburgh, one nice sunny Saturday afternoon after the snow had gone and the roads were washed salt free, felt fantastic and put a dirty great big smile on me face :D and that's been the extent of my biking so far in 2021 but that's not uncommon considering its still March, much more to come this year I reckon :wink: S1000r SORN'd since 1st November.

The Boxster gets an hour run out on a Sunday for our weekly 'click and collect', I always take a wrong turn :lol: and had the top down twice 8) and thats about it.

Been back at work for a couple of weeks now but Carolyn has this week off so I've taken it off too :wink:

Stay Safe and upbeat you lot :bounce:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Well as we are finally allowed out and as the weather focast was good got the XR out this morning and went up to the Dale's, Thoroughly enjoyable day out at long last, let's hope we have seen the back of lockdowns!!

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:23 pm

YAY! we`re all waking up after a long sleep!! C`mon lads rise and shine!

Al, sorry to hear about the missus`s rap. I am texting Amanda each morning re the status of brown envelopes dropping through the door!!

We`ve booked a couple of nights at The Steam Packet in Totnes , late Sep, possibly a chance to hook up somewhere?

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

kfrogzx7

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:08 pm

boxerscott wrote:
GRAgusta wrote:
wicker wrote: spin up into Perthshire :)

We Stay at Home, Stay Local. Stay in local health authority. Just saying .......................

When we get out of this mess we will put a side any feelings of disappointment we currently feel over people not following the principles laid out to protect us ... I hope.
Gwaine , the principles of who? Boris? Nicola ? W.H.O. SAGE, Euro Commision? CCP? The world does not revolve around anyone`s should`s or musts. least alone unelected bodies that are not empowered to say when or when not we can enjoy the liberties that our forbearers have fought wars over. We`ve all bided by the rules for over a year, it`s never ending this Covid. lets respect our democratic principles that put us where we are . I have more behind me than in front and politicians posturing and well paid unelected bodies like Sage can go and take a flying fcuk at the moon now.

I don`t hold the NHS as a religious shrine. It has good and bad, like any human organisation. We`ve done as told, we`ve protected it and I`m living with covid not hiding from it.

Screw it, ride your bike if you choose and live. Chris.

Brave man Chris, people have been "cancelled" for less ( actually I have by a couple of life long friends !! :cry: ) !! But it all needs to be said :occasion5: [smilie=biker.gif]
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Well, opinions aside :bom: That brown envelope did not drop and i am in the clear.... (for now) such a relief it would have put a serious damper on my enthusiasm for riding. The cameras must have been down that day. 70mph on a quiet M1 seems so pedestrian on a bike. I was not really paying attention to the nav as I believed the cameras were not active. I will not be so cavalier in future. On a good note I have been making a point of getting out around tea time at a weekend and enjoying the empty roads I have around me. 40 mins is enough even with the heated grips on max.

We have had an abnormally dry and cold start to April. Can not understand why SBC are chucking road salt everywhere on bone dry roads in a bone dry atmosphere.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

wicker

Postby wicker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Now that we have been liberated by Nicola I've enjoyed a few rides down into the Borders. Coffee and a bacon roll takeaway in Peebles on Sat. Good to see the town with bit of life about it again.

Still plenty of salt about as you say. There's usually been enough rain by now to have washed the worst of it away. Looks like I'll need to keep the washing the bike after every weekend and FS365 routine going for a while yet.

simon

Postby simon » Sun May 02, 2021 9:54 pm

Blackal wrote:Found a copy of my V5 on my phone and got the tax on it before heading home. Knowing my luck, would get pinged by plod on the A68 home without it..
Phew!

Thought that's a good idea and put a copy on phone..
Fast forward to today..
Meant to do it before setting off.. got to Deadwater (above Kielder) and "Doh!".. had to wait til Bonchester before had signal and could pay the Piper.
Being such a law abiding cove I didn't feel good until had submitted payment details successfully to DVLA.
Kudos to Blackal.
Simon, now with a third
Yellow '98 R1100S
(..a bit more gimpy tho' [smilie=crutch.gif])

Return to “Boxerbanter”