Givi Tanklock Bags - is the front strap necessary?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Re: Givi Tanklock Bags - is the front strap necessary?

Postby boxerscott » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:33 pm

It involves an Andalusian deluge, a rescue, a rather nice unexpected lunch in Ronda, waiting for Hermano to finish his siesta and purge my petrol tank (again). I must add this was not the fault of Givi but another aftermarket ring fit to accommodate a givi bag on that monster tank ring filler they put on the Griso

Besides that they look feckin awful.

The sw motech system was good i had on the gs. The bagster system works well but those tank protectors look hideous imho. I had one on my BCR thought it looked good at the time but look back and I think another bright idea I had.

:lol:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 am

boxerscott wrote:It involves an Andalusian deluge, a rescue, a rather nice unexpected lunch in Ronda, waiting for Hermano to finish his siesta and purge my petrol tank (again). I must add this was not the fault of Givi but another aftermarket ring fit to accommodate a givi bag on that monster tank ring filler they put on the Griso

Besides that they look feckin awful.

The sw motech system was good i had on the gs. The bagster system works well but those tank protectors look hideous imho. I had one on my BCR thought it looked good at the time but look back and I think another bright idea I had.

:lol:

You make a convincing argument.............. :roll:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Well my S/W Motech bag is due to arrive tomorrow, Hope its a better result than the discounted panniers I bought from the German retailer- - they don't fit!! It might just be the attachment part that bolts on to the back of the case thats wrong but it just causes stress. They are being very helpfull in trying to sort things out but I could do without it.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:13 pm

herrman wrote:Well my S/W Motech bag is due to arrive tomorrow, Hope its a better result than the discounted panniers I bought from the German retailer- - they don't fit!! It might just be the attachment part that bolts on to the back of the case thats wrong but it just causes stress. They are being very helpfull in trying to sort things out but I could do without it.

I can sympathise - I bought some sausages from a German retailer........... they were the wurst! :lol:

(I’m here all week)

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Sw Motech bag has arrived and does seem to be a quality item (so it should be for the money!!) Not that easy to fit onto the tank rink but is very secure if you get it on properly. Hopefully will get easier to clip it on but is very easy to only partly locate it. Only real downside for me is the fact that you have to drill holes in your brand spanking new bag - ok they do provide the drill bit but surely they could put 3 sets of holes in which would suit most applications. And now the panniers, looks like I'm going to have to send them back to the homeland, pretty sure they sent panniers and mountings for an S1000XR which is a completely different. thing. All just extra hassle I could do without.

Return to “Boxerbanter”