A second romance

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Steve h

Re: A second romance

Postby Steve h » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Al wrote:Pretty easy to raise bars, just don’t loosen yoke clamps without supporting front of bike. You may have to get new brake lines a couple of inches longer, some people need to, others are ok. I took the opportunity to put a line direct to each calliper and ditch the splitter pipe on the front mudguard.

Al.

Does that work OK Al? i.e. do you get equal pressure at each caliper?
Back on a Boxer

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Steve h wrote:I Picked up the Mamola this afternoon, I'd forgotten what a cracking bike the 1100s is the biggest problem was my peripheral vision, It's good to be back.
Steve I share that perception it reminds me of the best quote ever from a Racer, Joey Dunlop "there`s a grey blur and a green blur i tend to stay on the grey blur"

Enjoy the bike!

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:41 pm

Steve

As AL says ditch all the pipework, get a double length banjo bolt to go into the master cylinder, then two separate SS braided hoses, one down to each calliper. You will find that braking goes from two fingers or a handfull down to a one finger pull. As there is now no lost motion because the braided hoses don't expand like the original rubber ones did.
Moved my bars up and did the hoses about 5 years ago now.
John M

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Update . i got a call from the netherlands dealer, beyond my expectations he informed that the anniversary racer models were finally being offered and he has got one allocated, subject to t and c`s it has my name on it. They are on holiday till this friday :? (wasn`t lockdown a holiday?)

Sadly i can not get one from any uk dealer. I am so looking forward to getting this in my posession. A true "modern" classic. :bounce: :bounce:

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:36 am

Let me know when you get it Chris I'll call up for a coffee - just a thought but does this mean you are reverting back to being Canneloni Chris again? :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:14 am

boxerscott wrote:Update . i got a call from the netherlands dealer, beyond my expectations he informed that the anniversary racer models were finally being offered and he has got one allocated, subject to t and c`s it has my name on it. They are on holiday till this friday :? (wasn`t lockdown a holiday?)

Sadly i can not get one from any uk dealer. I am so looking forward to getting this in my posession. A true "modern" classic. :bounce: :bounce:

Chris.

Brilliant news Chris, can't wait to see it in the flesh Mate :bounce:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:38 pm

It does look smart:

They do another variant called the V7 III Rough which might be your style too:

Did you check out all of the other variants on the Guzzi web site?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Paul wrote:
Did you check out all of the other variants on the Guzzi web site?

Cheers,

Paul

Jeez! He's been pouring over the Guzzi brochures like a kid with an Argos Catalogue in December !!! :roll:

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Checked em all out . Better walk round of it , the cockpit looks divine , top yoke ooohhh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmmVjFRDN4

Its hardly gonna pull my wrists off my arms but who cares when your riding something as pretty as this :lol:

Chris
Fiat Panda.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:55 pm

This reminds me of a kinks ballad... i`m still waiting. I am. Cash burning a hole in my pocket (as my paternal peers used to say) Dealer has been allocated one.... no delivery date... travel restrictions could affect our contractual proceedings. Are bikes getting through to dealers? is "just in time" production more relevant in the bike industry? We see fields and fields full of cars waiting for buyers and tempting offers from manufacturers yet bike production lines appear to have had the brakes put on.. is that solely covid?

Hoping Mr Parry can give a considered insiders view.

Patient Chris.
Fiat Panda.

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Hope you can pick it up okay Chris. It looks cracking. How does the engine compare to the boxer?
We will need some pics too please!

Al

Postby Al » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:54 pm

If it’s ready next week Chris I’ll risk the quarantine, pick it on my way home up and ride it back for you, I promise I won’t thrash/race it too much :lol:

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Got to laugh at both those comments :D

Niel , it might compare to an r65 boxer of the same late 60`s era, it only puts out 52bhp at the crank!! 6 gears though, same engine braking feeling so similar roll on roll off characteristics we all like. other than that as one intelect on here quips "it wont pull the skin off a rice pud" Got a lovely engine ruttle and exhaust note, 280 mile tank range (thats been conservative) A true modern classic!

Al, thanks for the offer :lol: but i can not see it coming any time soon.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:06 am

A wise man once said "patience is a virtue", apparently :wink:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:05 pm

This second romance thing has fizzled a bit, no news on a delivery date, gritters out the other night, covid ,short days and i don`t think the Guzzi is going to happen just yet. however I have had a premature ejaculation with another old flame (after one too many)and hopefully will be seeing her next Tuesday with flaming pockets. :twisted: :twisted:

Fookin bikes eh?

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”