Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

positives of the lock down

Postby boxerscott » Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm

For me,

1 Garden projects are all but complete.

2, Amanda can`t leave me... just yet

3, Made me appreciate a lot of things in my life I normally take for granted.

4, A mini beer festival every night.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Re: positives of the lock down

Postby Al » Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 pm

As I’m at home all day anyway not much has changed for me, but I have really enjoyed living at the seaside in glorious weather with no tourists and generally far less people around, at least until last week!!! Lots of put off jobs have been completed, bikes have never been cleaner, and we managed to get a motorcycle tour round Sri Lanka before being locked down, fortunately we have been unaffected financially as Sue is public sector and we are actually saving money by not travelling and having to drink (more)at home!!
This week the Estuary has been opened up for leisure use so paddle board and kayak are ready to go but we have had two offshore sailing trips cancelled.
The massive downside has been no contact with our kids and grandkids since the middle of Feb, zoom and FaceTime don’t come close. Our daughter is a respiratory physio team leader in an ICU, so proper front line and has obviously had some tough times and I just want to give her a hug and tell her how proud of her I am, also Sue is working from home so daytime TV is frowned upon :(
Just grateful we live live in such a great and reasonably low risk area and not in an inner city flat etc.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

For me & In no particular order :-

Garage is now how I want it, in a fashion.

Shed is cleaned out and organised.

Back on my MTB after sooo long and exploring the local area has been brilliant.

Sorted through about 40 photograph albums from my 27 years life with my ex wife - a job long overdue - and decantered them into about 10. Loads of holiday Dolphin shows, Parrot shows, Girls dancing (not that kind, its frowned upon - apparently :D ) and I mean loads, how I ever saw these bloody shows I'll never know cause I think I took every second of them on film :lol: Was fantastic to see so many old photographs bringing back great memories :wink:

Spending a lot of time with Carolyn which is why I moved to Scotland 8) even though She is still working, albeit from home.

Baking, never baked since school and have loved baking Cheese Scones as big and as cheesy as I like, also Rock Buns and more recently I actually made Pease Pudding and a Stotty Cake (its not a cake :wink: ) to have my fav sandwich of all time and reminds me of my younger years at home in the North East of England - Ham and Pease Pudding in a Stotty - Mmm, mmm, mmmm 8)

Enjoying spending time in the garden -sunbathing and relaxing- and consider myself very lucky to be able to do that in this present situation and my tan 8)

The feeling of being a bit of a rebel - when in reality I'm only going to the supermarket on me motorbike for food shopping :lol:

The nation acknowledging what a massive, important role our NHS workers, bin men, delivery drivers and Police, amongst others, play in our lives when we realise we need them.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu May 28, 2020 9:00 am

And Chris never questioned Amanda’s request for a ‘deep rose-bed’ in the grass. :?

First dibs on his boots ! :twisted:
Attachments
8615B5E0-0B2B-465D-A4FE-4F2AECB5C28C.jpeg
8615B5E0-0B2B-465D-A4FE-4F2AECB5C28C.jpeg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Sat May 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Imagefullsizeoutput_255f by gawaine appleby, on Flickr

We have been walking around the local area every other day, the weather has been so good. We have a lot of new forest plantation around us along with impenetrable deer fences, but after our exploration we have found the styles and gates that open up new routes.

This photo was taken after walking one hour from the house, as the crow flies this location is less than two miles away from home. Before the lockdown I did not know how to get here, so for us its been a great opportunity to find out where we live.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:14 am

Lovely scenery. urban walking isn't quite the same! I recommissioned an old bicycle as an alternative form of transport but after more than 2 decades away from it ,my body isn't in the same gear as my brain...

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Al

Postby Al » Sun May 31, 2020 7:01 pm

If you believe a lot of articles in the press and Magazines cyclists are going to be the saviours of the planet, has been a massive surge in cycle sales during lockdown and many councils want to expand cycle paths etc to cut urban pollution.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 pm

I suppose now cycling is going the same way as cars and thats electric, they dont seem to be able to make enough. god help us when they make electric scooters legal on the road or pavements.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Al wrote:If you believe a lot of articles in the press and Magazines cyclists are going to be the saviours of the planet,

Al.

Until the first cold wet day :wink:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Return to “Boxerbanter”