201mph in a RS6 on a Motorway in Britain !

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

201mph in a RS6 on a Motorway in Britain !

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 am

The Police are searching for him apparently and it's only a matter of time before they find him - Comments ?

https://youtu.be/AYFQ3R997nk
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Blackal

Re: 201mph in a RS6 on a Motorway in Britain !

Postby Blackal » Sat May 23, 2020 9:34 am

They're going to throw a lot of resources into pursuing him - for sure.

On the basis that 170-ish on a Gixxer 1000 resulted in a 6m custodial for a fella near Edinburgh, I'd reckon the RS6 will be seized and crushed, and the driver will get 18m at least.

All very well saying "It's an empty road" but so many things can go wrong at that speed, from tyre blow out through simply that other drivers are not expecting a car approaching from behind at 200mph.

Lose the car, custodial sentence, loss of income/career, criminal record - Life won't ever be the same for the driver and his family.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

Lets hope they catch him then, wouldn't want him coming across my daughter who has only recently passed her test and may be a little slower in both speed and reactions.
10 KTM RC8

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat May 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Fortunately for me, over the last few weeks the roads have been pretty quiet, unfortunately for me there have still been too any dick heads on the road. Driving standards across all classes of vehicle have dropped dramatically over the last 10 years but this latest "lets see how fast we can go on the open roads" really does take some believing
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

popsky

Postby popsky » Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm

Just clicked over to 202, so devil’s advocate and all that, if that was you on the unrestricted Autobahn with so little traffic YOU wouldn’t :shock:

I would no question, and if I was lucky enough to own a ballistic motorcycle capable of that, again I would.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 pm

popsky wrote:Just clicked over to 202, so devil’s advocate and all that, if that was you on the unrestricted Autobahn with so little traffic YOU wouldn’t :shock:

I would no question, and if I was lucky enough to own a ballistic motorcycle capable of that, again I would.

If the law allows it - of course many would, but on unrestricted stretches of autobahn (are there many left?) - other motorists know to 'expect' those speeds in the outside lane?

Reckon on that being a true 185mph, by GPS.

If we allow one, how many driving at similar speeds are we prepared to accept, before we think "hang on - the odds have just got worse, for me" :?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Blackal wrote:
popsky wrote:Just clicked over to 202, so devil’s advocate and all that, if that was you on the unrestricted Autobahn with so little traffic YOU wouldn’t :shock:

If the law allows it - of course many would, but on unrestricted stretches of autobahn (are there many left?) - other motorists know to 'expect' those speeds in the outside lane?

Reckon on that being a true 185mph, by GPS.

If we allow one, how many driving at similar speeds are we prepared to accept, before we think "hang on - the odds have just got worse, for me" :?

I don't think there are many unrestricted autobahns left but I was well over the limit on a clear road about 15 years ago and a couple of of the green and white brigade passed me and stuck their leg out - there does seem to be a bit more common sense applied in Europe
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sun May 24, 2020 8:07 am

And I think the sensible thing to do here, get it removed form yew choob so we don't get a thousand arse h0les copy cat .

Then put all the resources into catching the gangs stealing motor bikes all over UK on a daily basis

Forget about one naughty twat , he'll get picked up sooner or later any way .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 am

Would have been a better vid to watch if there was a good soundtrack to it. The whisling noise was a bit irritating. Was it a female driver? those hands look so smooth and young. She was not a brickie then.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Pete.

Postby Pete. » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Bah - been faster than that on my bike!

Return to “Boxerbanter”