A = 50% of your weekly salary
B = 100% of your weekly salary
C = 150% of your weekly salary
Attachments
BANDS.png
BANDS.png (14.77 KiB) Viewed 8568 times
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Herb

Re: New Speeding Fines from April

Postby Herb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Just read the link and now I am cross. Thanks for ruining my Sunday Steve. :D

I simply can't equate speed to dangerous driving without other factors being in play. I also don't agree with people being fined more because they earn more.

I was caught in the M1 last month (camera van on bridge), beautiful day, dry, 83 in. 70. Hopefully I will get away with driver awareness as my licence has been clean for 20 odd years but I am still cross about it now. My own fault!
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Herb wrote:Just read the link and now I am cross. Thanks for ruining my Sunday Steve. :D

I simply can't equate speed to dangerous driving without other factors being in play. I also don't agree with people being fined more because they earn more.

I was caught in the M1 last month (camera van on bridge), beautiful day, dry, 83 in. 70. Hopefully I will get away with driver awareness as my licence has been clean for 20 odd years but I am still cross about it now. My own fault!

<curtseys> .... sorry Jim :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Britisherspy

Postby Britisherspy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 pm

This is for magistrates so what about fixed penalty ticket ?

fontana

Postby fontana » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Clearly, just another way of getting money from the ordinary working person.
A percentage of the offenders weekly wage ?
Oh I see, so only employed people get fined
People not working don't pay.

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:23 pm

What about if your self employed? I don't have a weekly wage.

Will they take my word that I only earn £50 a week? :D

Honest guv..... :bounce:

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Britisherspy wrote:This is for magistrates so what about fixed penalty ticket ?

Still 'fixed' at £100 plus 3 points, as long as the speed you're caught at falls within the tolerance for the issue of a ticket....unless they're intending to change it as well!

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Britisherspy

Postby Britisherspy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:25 pm

milleplod wrote:
Britisherspy wrote:This is for magistrates so what about fixed penalty ticket ?

Still 'fixed' at £100 plus 3 points, as long as the speed you're caught at falls within the tolerance for the issue of a ticket....unless they're intending to change it as well!

Pete

So the scare story is just that really, for normal speeding offences is no change.

Herb

Postby Herb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Seems to imply that band A starts at 1mph over speed limit, hence 3 points and 50% of weekly wage fine.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Herb wrote:Just read the link and now I am cross. Thanks for ruining my Sunday Steve. :D

Get Away with what? Drivers awareness? WTF :? WHY? get your lass to take the hit! anyone who considers one of these pointless courses is a bigger pudding than the poor soul who has to conduct them. BULLSHIT!! Take it on the chin and grow a pair. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Herb

Postby Herb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:41 pm

boxerscott wrote:

Get Away with what? Drivers awareness? WTF :? WHY? get your lass to take the hit! anyone who considers one of these pointless courses is a bigger pudding than the poor soul who has to conduct them. BULLSHIT!! Take it on the chin and grow a pair. :)

Not quite that easy. I was in my company car in work time, hence its down to me. My choice is 3 points or (hopefully) driver awareness. I'll take the tea, biscuits and a lecture if it protects my licence.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

f90x

Postby f90x » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:15 pm

boxerscott wrote:

Why is it pointless?
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

fontana

Postby fontana » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:41 pm

If it was not about indirect taxation, but about education, the courses should be free.
If you have attended a speed awareness course you are obliged to inform your insurer.
Some of them will hike your premium, although interestingly, they tend to let you have the first three points on a clean license free.
At the end of the day, even though it might be a very good thing, it's still just an earner for the local authorities.
I'll take the points.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... rance.html

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:49 am

I had a speed awareness course and the guy conducting it said if we are asked by insurer if we have been convicted of an offence say no because we haven't been convicted of an offence. If, on the other hand you are asked if you have attended a speed awareness course then you have to declare it. So, unless the law has changed since 2014 (I think) you are under no obligation to declare your attendance. I'm with you on this one Herb - I'll take the tea and biscuits - it was interesting to see the spectrum of offences from built up areas to motorways - most were for built up areas. Mine was for "safe" speeding on a dual carriageway :wink:

Oh, and at the time there was only one insurer that he was aware of was asking whether you had attended a speed awareness course - he did tell us which one but I can't remember
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 am

Chris, fook orf!! :wink: I need me licence more than you
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR