seeing ghosts

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

seeing ghosts

Postby boxerscott » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Valentinos Halloween has come early.

Loving it. This Championship gets even more interesting.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

big rob

Re: seeing ghosts

Postby big rob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:29 am

boxerscott wrote:Valentinos Halloween has come early.

Loving it. This Championship gets even more interesting.

aye, remember watching sheep dog trials a few years back & sheep were being so difficult and awkward that dog lost its' cool and nipped a sheep :? Resulting in immediate disqualification. ... think Rossi is feeling like that frustrated dog, he's unlikely to have another pop at a world championship :cry:

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 am

I like Bike Magazine's Facebook post :)

"Given the weekend's racing events it might be timely to revisit this 'overtake' from 1998, involving MotoGP's current riders' safety advisor..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3oN_hAUWEU
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

SP250

Postby SP250 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:52 am

Well it isn't tiddley winks is it?

Its a tough sport and pushing another rider off line and leaning on another rider is all part of the game. Not to the extent of causing a crash though.

Much more entertaining than Hamilton's WC win in F1.
John M

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Did he kick him or just lift his leg to avoid it getting hit? Difficult to tell on telly.

MM got what was coming to him.

The penalty is politically perfectly judged IMO.

Bring it on!!

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Corvus wrote: Difficult to tell on telly.

Really?? Only if you are wearing Rossi tinted classes on.

Not saying that Marquez didn't deserve a smack for his overly aggressive riding style but do it in the back of the garage, away from the TV cameras. Not in front of 10 cameras when doing 80 mph!!

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Dog Tyred wrote:
Corvus wrote: Difficult to tell on telly.

Really?? Only if you are wearing Rossi tinted classes on.

Not saying that Marquez didn't deserve a smack for his overly aggressive riding style but do it in the back of the garage, away from the TV cameras. Not in front of 10 cameras when doing 80 mph!!

DT

When I was watching it live my first reaction was that Rossi kicked out. But after a few replays I wasn't convinced it was a kick. Even if it was, that might be what you'd do to avoid yourself going down or having your leg trapped or hit. Seems to me MM dropped onto rossi's bike. Rossi deserved a penalty no doubt. MM was deliberately spoiling IMO. He didn't offer any resistance towards Lorenzo. Total sceptics might say he actually opened the door for him.

I thought and still think that MM is the best thing to happen to moto GP of late. But he is a bit dirty at times and got what was coming his way, not for the first time this year.

I think that the penalty was perfectly judged.

Cheers.

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Corvus wrote:Did he kick him or just lift his leg to avoid it getting hit? Difficult to tell on telly.

MM got what was coming to him.

The penalty is politically perfectly judged IMO.

Bring it on!!

Watch the slo mo on you tube - I'd say Marquez had alread leaned his head on Rossi's knee and it was quite literally a knee jerk reaction - I don't know what bit of tarmac Marquez thought he was going to ride on coming in so tight.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Rossi threw his dummy out the pram and got caught on TV doing it.

Obviously a brilliant rider, but becoming more frustrated at not being the ultimate anymore?
I think the penalty was lenient, I suspect another rider would have been treated more harshly.

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:38 pm

The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:
Watch the slo mo on you tube - I'd say Marquez had alread leaned his head on Rossi's knee and it was quite literally a knee jerk reaction - I don't know what bit of tarmac Marquez thought he was going to ride on coming in so tight.

You've gotta be kidding me !

Explain why Rossi slowed down mid corner, looking backwards towards Marquez on two occasions until he caught him up, then pushed him off and squirted it up the road?

Knee-jerk reaction my arse. Pre meditated more like.

I love Rossi as much as the next fan but come on!! Lets take off those rossi tinted specs and call a spade a spade.

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Dog Tyred wrote:
The Teutonic Tangerine wrote:

You've gotta be kidding me !

Explain why Rossi slowed down mid corner, looking backwards towards Marquez on two occasions until he caught him up, then pushed him off and squirted it up the road?

Knee-jerk reaction my arse. Pre meditated more like.

I love Rossi as much as the next fan but come on!! Lets take off those rossi tinted specs and call a spade a spade.

DT

That's how I see it. On most forums - Rossi fans are blaming MM, MM fans are blaming Rossi...................

And the people with no partisan influence - seem to be blaming Rossi.

Rossi's actions in that 30 second footage - is completely at-odds with what is normal - the whole prelude...... strange. Then - lo and behold - his foot "slips off the peg" and off goes MM...........

Aye - right! :roll:

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

SP250

Postby SP250 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Well Hayden & DT, I have the opposite opinion - I also call a spade a spade but I do see it differently, vive la difference eh.

Seen from the helicopter, Rossi was slowing & going wide to spoil MM's line and shove him wide. MM then closed in and leant the Honda onto Rossi, who raised his knee to fend off MM and in doing so MM then went down as Rossi's foot came off the peg. Not a kick as it looked in the side camera views.
Hard riding from both and IMO a harsh penalty which has put Rossi on the back of the grid in Valencia.
I think Mike Webb let MM off and should have given him a penalty too.

Yes I am a Rossi fan, but I also think MM has been excellent for Moto GP.
Just remember back to last year and the year before when Jorge and Dani were nearly committing suicide and complaining all the time about MM's aggressive riding.

Wasn't impressed with Huewen's commentry either, condemming Rossi without seeing all the camera angles.
Roll on Valencia.
John M

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:14 pm

SP250 wrote: vive la difference eh.

I guess... :)

Valencia is going to be very interesting

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Valencia bring it on! :D

I am having difficulty reconciling with the Rossi camp. Every single commentator on BT said it looked deliberate, Julian Ryder explored every avenue to excuse Rossi and could not explain it.

To suggest MM was deliberately going slow is Tosh, he does not know what slow is. MM helped Rossi at Oz by pipping lorenzo. No?

Vale`s comments during the press build up to Sepang were designed to subdue MM and it appears to me it all backfired ..Big Style.

Surely it is nonsense to expect every rider on the track to give way and "stay out of it" so he can win his 10th championship???

Lorenzo ghosted past him and despatched with him within minutes.

He should qualify on pole if he wants a clear track.

Just saying like...

Gp would be dire without MM.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Latest from Dorna - is that MM has made the following statement:

"I knew there was going to be trouble in the race, so at least I had the foresight to remove my carbon-fibre head protectors and bellypan! I would have been down around £2,000 if they had got broken, and had to trawl around Ebay - for replacements!"

"I don't agree with the penalties that Rossi has received - he should have been made to ride a 1200ST for the next race!"

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Boxerbanter”