Guy Martin and TAS to use BMW at TT

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Blackal

Guy Martin and TAS to use BMW at TT

Postby Blackal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am

Looks like BMW are providing the bikes to TAS for next year's road racing campaign - TT included.

I'm supposing that BMW see Guy Martin as a distinct possibility to win - which would be an advertiser's dream?

William Dunlop staying with the TAS team too.

TAS have built up a lot of knowledge with Suzuki over the years - I wonder if any other largish teams will pick up the work, and if some mechanics would go with it?

I would expect Michael to switch to Kawasaki next year - the bike has certainly proved itself at BSB level. Alternatively - If Yamaha move the game forward with their new R-1..............

Anyway - As can be seen here - the move has caused major upset:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6mUa3FdOM#t=144

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dave1100s

Postby dave1100s » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

'We will be the biggest joke since Hess got lost on the trip to get our Manx kippers'..................quality :D
We don't stop playing because we get old.....we get old because we stop playing!

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:12 pm

It looks as though for whatever reason Michael,s winning is not the be all for BMW. Although I,m willing to bet he will be on competitive machinery and probably winning too. Maybe he will win on all the available manufacturers given time, he certainly has the ability.
kernow,the last bit

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:36 pm

cornishflat wrote:It looks as though for whatever reason Michael,s winning is not the be all for BMW. Although I,m willing to bet he will be on competitive machinery and probably winning too. Maybe he will win on all the available manufacturers given time, he certainly has the ability.
I am inclined to endorse those comments and add that the setback of losing the BMW package will only fuel his endeavours in the future. Good luck to him and Guy Martin. Oh, the silly Hitler thing, :lol: :lol:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:13 pm

boxerscott wrote:
cornishflat wrote:It looks as though for whatever reason Michael,s winning is not the be all for BMW. Although I,m willing to bet he will be on competitive machinery and probably winning too. Maybe he will win on all the available manufacturers given time, he certainly has the ability.
I am inclined to endorse those comments and add that the setback of losing the BMW package will only fuel his endeavours in the future. Good luck to him and Guy Martin. Oh, the silly Hitler thing, :lol: :lol:

I reckon that MD on a Kawasaki could conceivably piss on BMW's chips............ :?

But - BMW have a knack of being quite astute when it comes to marketing.....

James Bond Movies
The Long Way Round
The Long Way Down

See if that works .....

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 pm

[quote="Blackal"

I reckon that MD on a Kawasaki could conceivably piss on BMW's chips............ :?

James Bond Movies
The Long Way Round
The Long Way Down

Al :D[/quote] Sometimes yes, other times? no! R12c for example not exactly rock and roll as it was portrayed in Bond, conceivably MD is not the best PR material either?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 pm

boxerscott wrote:[quote="Blackal"

James Bond Movies
The Long Way Round
The Long Way Down

Sometimes yes, other times? no! R12c for example not exactly rock and roll as it was portrayed in Bond, conceivably MD is not the best PR material either?[/quote]

I actually meant the James Bond cars. :roll:

Al

See if that works .....

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 pm

That R12C is in the BMW museum.

MD didn't have a ,how can I put it, a very tight and corporate promotion type contract with BMW. He wanted to do it as it suited him and when and if asked by BMW to attend a corporate type event. The move by BMW can be seen as a chance to dominate the TT now that they know the machine can win or a chance to develop the bike and chassis for future models. There is a rumour that the German make might be found on the MotoGP grid in a year on two. That and the fact that Troy is running a team in WSBK series may point to a different approach to the whole racing thing. MD did all the prep work on his bike for the TT last year with the exception of the engine which he did have the help of BMW and a racing development company whose name I forgot.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

dysondiver

Postby dysondiver » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm

guy martin is certainly becoming a lot more than a racer these days ,,, maybe thats the thinking behind it all .
its not a boxer , its a 180 degree v-twin

Return to “Boxerbanter”