New bike time.... ?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Steve1200S

New bike time.... ?

Postby Steve1200S » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm getting an itch for a new bike, but none of the new bikes on offer seem to be attractive to me (for the cost of them!)... so I'm thinking second hand, and a bit older, and there's some good-uns about..

A Nice R1200S in the for sale section here, Motorworks have a smart looking R1150RT (the one I had was the best bike I've ever owned! but It cut out randomly at motorway speeds... so had to go.)

I'm not sure though, only BMWs are really appealing to me, but I've had my share of trouble from them.

Since the K1200 was sold, I've only got the R100S, and the car. The car has been used daily, but I'm really itching to ride everyday again (the novelty of just jumping in the car, staying dry, not having to get changed etc.. everyday has well and truly worn off).

However, I really don't want to ride the R100S every day. Not sure why, but I don’t.... Maybe I don't want to rack it off as a commuter, or maybe It's because I'm still waiting for it to conk out randomly.. Or maybe because I don;t want to get it dirty! :wink:

Anyway, I'm in two minds over it, and need some Boxertrix encouragement to reach into the wallet and splash out! :wink: :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1150RT-ABS-2002-18k-miles-Excellent-condition-10-months-MoT-Radio-/121420187409?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c45350711 Nice?

PS, not been on for a while, hope every one is ok!
----------------------------------------------
Steve.

1980 R100S
2003 VFR 800
A Silly Van.

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Whatever bike you decide on, having a wedge of cash burning a hole to blow on a sickle is always a gooood good feeling.

8)

Return to “Boxerbanter”