slparry

Pinging Boxermed69

Postby slparry » Wed May 21, 2014 8:44 am

Hey Mike

What's your opinion on this?

http://www.realrider.com/
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Phil K

Postby Phil K » Wed May 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Steve,

I got free registration thrown in with my new GSLC.

Seems like a good idea, but they do ask your insurance renewal date on registering, so I guess will be wanting to pass that info on at some point.

Phil
R11s + Val Singleton Power filter - Lennies induct - Y Piece - Wilbers - PC111
1974 Honda CB750 1974 Triumph Trident T150 Oh and a GS-LC

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Steve. I'm embarrassed to say that I've not even heard of this in our patch. If ambulance services have truly 'signed up' and it works reliably reckon it could be an occasional life saver. The majority of the time we receive a call immediately (often multiple calls) from a witness or someone else involved. It is rare - I can think of 3 occurrences around here over the last decade or so - that some poor bugger has an unwitnessed off and their cold, stiff body is only discovered many hours later. It could have a positive impact here.

I think your medical history would be pretty irrelevant in such a situation. I guess they're padding it out a bit to make it seem better value.

My Ford car has so-called 'Emergency Assist' built in, which you may disable if you choose. It claims to do the same thing, except it's Dibble that gets alerted when a significant prang is detected.

I suppose it hinges on how reliably it works. Not much use if it triggers if you topple over when stationary. Blimey! I'd have 'nuisance caller' status with our lot :lol:

I'll have a word with a Control Officer mate to see whether this Real Rider thing is active locally.

Mike :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Return to “Boxerbanter”