Tracked ...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Tracked ...

Postby slparry » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 am

Now the Court case is over .....

If you recall a short time back there was a young girl murdered in Telford and the perp dumped her body in north Wales (in the Nant y Garth pass).

After reading about it in the press I realised I'd seen his van parked up while he was dumping her body so called west midlands plod as a witness.

The DI that came for my statement reckoned they had him tracked from Telford to Wrexham but then "lost" him as he drove out towards Ruthin, then picked him up again in Queensferry and tracked him all the way up the motorway to Glasgow where they arrested him.

Scary that level of tracking exists, but nice to know you can "hide" in rural Wales
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

dave1100s

Postby dave1100s » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Not scary if you've nothing to hide!

Well done though Steve for stepping forward.
We don't stop playing because we get old.....we get old because we stop playing!

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm

dave1100s wrote:Not scary if you've nothing to hide!

well ...... the tracking does sort of concern me as it's all a thin end of the wedge, for instance when ANPR really evolves they'll be able to know if you've exceeded a speed limit between two points for example, now that could suck the fun out of motorcycling :)

In a free country I'm not sure I like monitoring, the next logical argument is to have cctv in peoples home, as if they're not doing anything wrong they've nowt to hide and it's there for their protection ...... or at least that's how the state would argue it :)

As for stepping forward, I couldn't imagine not doing so Dave, it was a heinous crime and as a Dad I can only imagine the anguish her family have/are going through. I just wish we could execute the guilty parties again instead of the 10 to 15 years sentence they get nowadays!
Last edited by slparry on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 pm

slparry wrote:
dave1100s wrote:Not scary if you've nothing to hide!

well ...... the tracking does sort of concern me as it's all a thin end of the wedge, for instance when ANPR really evolves they'll be able to know if you've exceeded a speed limit between two points for example, now that could suck the fun out of motorcycling :)

In a free country I'm not sure I like monitoring, the next logical argument is to have cctv in peoples home, as if they're not doing anything wrong they've nowt to hide and it's there for their protection ...... or at least that's how the state would argue it :)

As for stepping forward, I couldn't imagine doing so Dave, it was a heinous crime and as a Dad I can only imagine the anguish her family have/are going through. I just wish we could execute the guilty parties again instead of the 10 to 15 years sentence they get nowadays!

Couldn,t agree more on all counts.
kernow,the last bit

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:06 am

Quote "In a free country I'm not sure I like monitoring, the next logical argument is to have cctv in peoples home, as if they're not doing anything wrong they've nowt to hide and it's there for their protection ...... or at least that's how the state would argue it "

Sounds too much like 1984 to me.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerbanter”