The Days Were Packed Back Then

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

The Days Were Packed Back Then

Postby Grip Fast » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:56 pm

When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I would get home around 3:00 am on Christmas morning after a party, and sleep for about 15 hours. Then I'd get up and have a leisurely breakfast before opening presents. Lunch, with all the trimmings, would follow a couple of hours later, and then a long walk in the cold sunshine with the family. Maybe a snooze in the afternoon and a few rounds of a new board game, before mum would make tea; after which we'd watch Morecambe and Wise and a Christmas film. Then I'd meet up with a couple of mates, and if we were lucky, there would be another party to go to on Christmas evening.

This year, I went to bed at 10 pm on Christmas Eve then, after 4 hours sleep (it seemed), I was up to walk the dog and then help prepare breakfast. Straight onto cooking lunch for 1 o'clock. With lunch over and the pots washed, we managed a 15 minute walk round the village before it got dark. Just time to prepare tea before The Midwife Christmas Special came on the telly. More tidying up and washing pots, and it's 10 o'clock again and time for bed.

The days were definitely very much longer when I was a youth.

Merry Christmas all... Soon be Spring :D

popsky

Re: The Days Were Packed Back Then

Postby popsky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 am

Grip Fast wrote:When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I would get home around 3:00 am on Christmas morning after a party, and sleep for about 15 hours. Then I'd get up and have a leisurely breakfast before opening presents. Lunch, with all the trimmings, would follow a couple of hours later, and then a long walk in the cold sunshine with the family. Maybe a snooze in the afternoon and a few rounds of a new board game, before mum would make tea; after which we'd watch Morecambe and Wise and a Christmas film. Then I'd meet up with a couple of mates, and if we were lucky, there would be another party to go to on Christmas evening.

This year, I went to bed at 10 pm on Christmas Eve then, after 4 hours sleep (it seemed), I was up to walk the dog and then help prepare breakfast. Straight onto cooking lunch for 1 o'clock. With lunch over and the pots washed, we managed a 15 minute walk round the village before it got dark. Just time to prepare tea before The Midwife Christmas Special came on the telly. More tidying up and washing pots, and it's 10 o'clock again and time
for bed.

The days were definitely very much longer when I was a youth.

Merry Christmas all... Soon be Spring :D

Ere that sounds suspiciously like my Christmas Day :shock: :lol:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Grip Fast wrote:When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I would get home around 3:00 am on Christmas morning after a party, and sleep for about 15 hours. Then I'd get up and have a leisurely breakfast before opening presents. Lunch, with all the trimmings, would follow a couple of hours later, The days were definitely very much longer when I was a youth.

What country was that :wink: 3am +15 hrs = 6pm = well past sunset in Europe... :lol:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Funny I was thinking that :? Must have been some party but I got the gist, The washing up is meant to be done by those who do not prepare the food no?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:05 pm

nab 301 wrote:What country was that :wink: 3am +15 hrs = 6pm = well past sunset in Europe... :lol:

I never like to let a bit of arithmetic get in the way of a good exaggeration. Besides I was a teenager then, so I must have slept for 15 hours at a time - it's what they do.

There doesn't seem to be 15 hours in an entire day anymore.

I'm not sure there was a gist to get, Boxerscott. But good effort in coming up with a moral to the story that even I didn't see. I'm going to introduce that as a new house rule.

Happy New Year when it arrives.

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Postby el-nicko » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Sleep? I can get by on just 4 hours a night as long as I get another 6 during the day. [smilie=head bash.gif]

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

Mister C (Marsh)

Postby Mister C (Marsh) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Grip Fast wrote:The days were definitely very much longer when I was a youth. :D

mmm Not just the days either :oops:

Marsh
er, mmmmm I'll think of something funny soon.

Return to “Boxerbanter”