The left eye was okay.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Neil178

The left eye was okay.

Postby Neil178 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 pm

So ........................... the plan was to ride the bike to/from work for a while yet, maybe into early/mid December before using 4 wheels until the ice/frosty months have gone.
This morning,early doors, to my great surprise my right eye was damn painful during the faster part of my journey. Never had that before and don't want it again.
I can only think that it was due to the cold air up the inside of my visor.
I tried to ride with my eye closed. Feck, that wasn't my best move as it made judging traffic somewhat tricky and closing the eye actually made it sting like hell.
I slowed down and if it wasn't for a set of traffic lights I would have had to stop as the pain was beyond my mincing threshold.
So, anyone else ever had this?
Once in work the eye was fine and has been since. I'm now rethinking my plans!

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I would be inclined to have my eyes checked by an optician just to be sure the problem is not with your eye. I can also recommend a pinlock. I have one in my Arai GT Viper and it is superb. I can close all the vents, wear a neck tube, and i cannot get the visor to mist up in any weather any speed including stopped. It might well help with your eye, assuming there are no other issues.
kernow,the last bit

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 am

Sounds like a severe chill, as an eye infection is usually highly light-sensitive and lasts longer.

Be careful with closing off visors completely, coupled with neck muffs and chin stockings.........

There was a fella on Ukgser who apparently suffered from oxygen starvation and came to - in a ditch. They ran all the tests in case he had an underlying condition - but that was the conclusion .......

A bit of research showed it was not uncommon.

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 am

Blackal wrote:Sounds like a severe chill, as an eye infection is usually highly light-sensitive and lasts longer.

Be careful with closing off visors completely, coupled with neck muffs and chin stockings.........

There was a fella on Ukgser who apparently suffered from oxygen starvation and came to - in a ditch. They ran all the tests in case he had an underlying condition - but that was the conclusion .......

Think I suffered from that at birth .....
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:17 am

bigblackfalco wrote:
Blackal wrote:Sounds like a severe chill, as an eye infection is usually highly light-sensitive and lasts longer.

Think I suffered from that at birth .....

What? Came to - in a ditch? :?

See if that works .....

pbikerharry

Postby pbikerharry » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm

I had a problem on the last boxertrix welsh do my eye was watering really bad and it was swollen. At the time I was wearing contact lenses and didnt have my glasses had to take them out clean them and go to the chemist for some drops after that I had my eyes lazered it worried me that much. I think it was the visor on the BMW helmet I got with the GS so I sold, it not plesent at all

Pete
do you want this Bath Water
1150 GS

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 pm

pbikerharry wrote:I had a problem on the last boxertrix welsh do my eye was watering really bad and it was swollen, had to take them out clean them and go to the chemist for some drops after that I had my eyes lazered it worried me that much. I think it was the visor on the BMW helmet I got with the GS so I sold, it not plesent at all

Pete

Sorted,
Man that takes some guts :lol:
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Well I made it through the week. On days off now and not back on early duty for 12 days so I should be okay for the time being. It was just that one time that I was in pain. Weird!
I think it was just the cold that day. Brass monkeys and all that.
I have on those stretchy things some where to go the bottom of the helmet to stop the air hoofing up inside. Time to dig it out.

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Don't know if this is relavent or not but i'm quite hairy and suffer from my eye brows getting in my eye's at times, now and again i will get one eye brow hair thats about two inches long and this will get into my eye and rub like hell due to the draught inside my helmet and if i close my eye it makes things worse as it's trapped there,

Before i do a long run now i get the clippers out on my eye brows!

I'm not joking it's worth checking
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe
http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata
http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie
http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 am

Dai wiskers wrote:
Before i do a long run now i get the clippers out on my eye brows!

I'm not joking it's worth checking

You should have gone with the moniker: "Dai Brows" .......... [smilie=mutley laugh.gif]

Al :thumbleft:

See if that works .....

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:31 am

Veet For Men Dai. That'll sort it. Gets great reviews on Amazon...

Mike :D
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am

As i said i'm not joking it's bl00dy painfull when it first happened i had no idea what was going on
exactly the same as the discription given above faster you go the more it hurts and the less you can see
when you stop wipe eye and it all seems fine untill you get back on the bike then it happens again

It's worth checking
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe

http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata

http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie

http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

boxerscott

true tale

Postby boxerscott » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I can recall a similar moment, I broke a pair of driving glasses and being a wise and practical sole I super glued (NASA grade) the lenses back in, there was a bit of over smear to say the least as I could not see properly without them on but the middle bits were still clear, Feeling chuffed with myself I set off on the bike and after closing the visor my eyes started to burn, I was really concerned at the time as I also felt light headed (pleasantly so) and put it down to not letting the adhesive cure properly. No one was harmed fortunately and I would not recommend to anyone Jack Duckworth optcal aid repars. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”