Swede Protector

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Swede Protector

Postby boxerscott » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 pm

After much huffing and puffing I have ordered (Helmet City) a couple of Shark Helmets, namely the Speed R Sauer in red white and blue for self and the Evoline flip over for the missus. I checked these out at last years bike show and was impressed by the finish styling and more importantly the built in safety features. Love the breath guard and the drop down sun sheild, much deeper than other marques. No more packing and faffing with clear and tinted visors, no more fumbling in the fanny pack searching for toll fees as the flip over turns into a jet style helmet for Amanda, also a bonus for her at filling stations too paying for my fuel :lol:

So will post with photies later in bits and bobs 2 x Shoei x1000 Diabolics 1 x for large swede and 1 x for medium swede, Pinlock visors and tinted visors 1 x Shoei x900 in metallic silver small with clear and iridium visor
I x Schuberth Concept in BCR blue (as near as damnitt) size large hardly used (as I felt a tosser wearing it in the up position and looked like zippy from sesame street in the normal mode) seriously it was too big for me. Will post with piccies tommorrow. I want shot as we have too many helmets so will be priced to sell :arrow: EDIT Now on Bits and Bobs
Last edited by boxerscott on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Shark?

I'm surprised - I thought you were going for one of these?

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am

A change since Saturday Chris. You were only going to buy one you fickle thing!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

brookes745

Re: Swede Protector

Postby brookes745 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 am

boxerscott wrote:namely the Speed R Sauer in red white and blue

I've got one of these........very impressed; quiet, comfy, light and best of all, looks fantastic!!

Bad bits.....clear visor can be very hard to moved from closed position.
It's only when machines go wrong that you realise how powerful they really are!!

boxerscott

Re: Swede Protector

Postby boxerscott » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 pm

brookes745 wrote:
boxerscott wrote:namely the Speed R Sauer in red white and blue

I've got one of these........very impressed; quiet, comfy, light and best of all, looks fantastic!!

Bad bits.....clear visor can be very hard to moved from closed position.
Amanda says that must be a Positive :cry:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Was considering an evoline myself recently as I like the spec and style for a flip front. There aren't many reviews about as its still quite new, though some less than favourable ones mentioning the weight and noise levels put me off a bit.
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 am

Thats true Dave, I think that is an issue for most flip tops, also it is "Girlie"so I am pleased you reached the conclusion you did :lol:
Fiat Panda.

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Hadn't recognised it as 'girlie' Chris. Thanks for saving me from a thousand embarrassments :lol:
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm

No worries Dave, all part of the service mate, being a "dedicated follower of fashion" I am tuned into these anomailies that challenge us menfolk :wink:
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”