Who gave Harley Riders the right to block the highway

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

dorsetboy

Who gave Harley Riders the right to block the highway

Postby dorsetboy » Fri May 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Out for a wander in Gerardmer town centre with my new camera.
Along comes a "Harley Road Captain" who blocks a roundabout.
20 odd Harleys then pop and fart thro' in no hurry - making no effort to stop for folk wanting to cross the road.
The "Road captain" pulls away just as a very angry local gets out his car...

Who gives Harley Riders the right to block the highway?
No doubt they tour the countryside blocking roundabouts at will.

What a bunch of Tossers.

Another reason for the local folk to dislike bikers in general and a good reason for other bikers to dislike Harley Clubs.

Photos at link below:

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... n=organize

Mike
Tiger 800 ABS Roadie

TIM EVANS

Postby TIM EVANS » Fri May 25, 2012 7:54 pm

picture is protected by password
'05 R1100S,'04 V50, '02 206

User avatar Scotland
Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri May 25, 2012 7:56 pm

FAIL..... :evil:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dorsetboy

Postby dorsetboy » Fri May 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Tiger 800 ABS Roadie

User avatar Wales
slparry

Postby slparry » Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 pm

it's because they like to think they're "badass" boys :) You're missing the point Mike it's all about image with them, bless it's all they've got left .... performance, handling, braking and dignity went a long time ago (about 1940 I understand)
--
Steve Parry
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

User avatar Great Britain
Boxered
Route Master

Re: Who gave Harley Riders the right to block the highway

Postby Boxered » Fri May 25, 2012 8:15 pm

dorsetboy wrote:Out for a wander in Gerardmer town centre with my new camera.

What on earth were you planning on taking a photo of in Gerardmer?
It's a one horse town ( and thats lame)

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Fri May 25, 2012 8:18 pm

I owned a Harley a Street Bob, nice bike for what it is but limited. Anyway i was asked to go on an evening run. Well off we go from the local and this "road captain blocks off the traffic at the exit. Strange thinks i feeling slightly embarassed, who out of curiosity is at the back of the bunch,. 1st junction, which leads on to a dual carriageway, one guy two up on a bagger goes to pull out but hesitates and the girl behind on a Buell punts into the back hitting the silencer. Next thing they are both flat on the floor. Off i and the last straggler get to help lift the bikes and calm the mayhem. The Buell had a puncture and the bagger decided enough for the night and went home. The other guy led the way and off we went to meet the rest at a moderate pace. The ride home was worse 50 was about it , very frustrating and was the first and last ride.I,m no charger...well not any more but i like to move on. As i said a nice bike but some of the people and bull that goes with them they can keep.
kernow,the last bit

Bikerhoss

Postby Bikerhoss » Fri May 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Never had a 'proper' HD, just had my Buell for couple years, and was never a member of any HD chapters, but are you saying only HD riders are image conscious?
There are plenty 'power ranger' riders out there who pose up the High St in their leathers & helmet matched to their bike :lol:
As for blocking the junction, it's hardly like they caused traffic chaos is it now, and I have to admit that I may have done exactly the same thing on a MAG demo run or two :oops:
Each to their own I say, At least they're on two wheels :)
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

Twinspark

Postby Twinspark » Fri May 25, 2012 8:45 pm

slparry wrote:it's because they like to think they're "badass" boys :) You're missing the point Mike it's all about image with them, bless it's all they've got left .... performance, handling, braking and dignity went a long time ago (about 1940 I understand)

Yeah, those badass bank managing gangsters!
Fucked Off!

User avatar Tokelau
popsky

Postby popsky » Fri May 25, 2012 8:47 pm

The very same thing happened to me K and another m8, it was Motogp weekend about 3 years ago on the Saturday, we 3 had gone out for a ride over the Cat & Fiddle and on entering Matlock Bath some "Road Captain" twat had blocked a junction so the fellow twits could roll on unimpeded, we and a couple of other sport riders were stuck behind a few cars, but enough was enough! Maybe 20-30 Harley's had passed with more to come, so us 5 or 6 just rode through them (bollocks to em we thought).
Me K and friend then stopped for T & ice cream and sat very near to a whole bunch of whingers moaning about the sport bikes riding through there road block, made us smile :lol: :lol:

Btw there was approx 60-80 Harley's in total :roll:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Oberautobahnjäger…………

User avatar Wales
slparry

Postby slparry » Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Bikerhoss wrote:Never had a 'proper' HD, just had my Buell for couple years, and was never a member of any HD chapters, but are you saying only HD riders are image conscious?
There are plenty 'power ranger' riders out there who pose up the High St in their leathers & helmet matched to their bike :lol:
As for blocking the junction, it's hardly like they caused traffic chaos is it now, and I have to admit that I may have done exactly the same thing on a MAG demo run or two :oops:
Each to their own I say, At least they're on two wheels :)

Totally agree, I'm just uncomfortable with taking another countries "style" on. What may look good in the USA just doesn't (for me) translate to the UK... in the same way as the whole country and western scene and the Elvis thing in the UK just whooshes straight over me :)
--
Steve Parry
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

User avatar England
bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Who you with Steve,Aled or Tom Jones? :lol:
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2002 Jaguar 4.2ltr v8 S-type.
Reg & Gwen.

User avatar Wales
slparry

Postby slparry » Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 pm

bikemad99 wrote:Who you with Steve,Aled or Tom Jones? :lol:

:P
--
Steve Parry

User avatar Great Britain
Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

bikemad99 wrote:Who you with Steve,Aled or Tom Jones? :lol:

My money's on shakin stevens :wink:

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

Great Britain
boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri May 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Oh come on guys, you`re all been a bit hard and cliquey here, we are a freindly bunch and embrace all comers,, don`t we? I for one am not going to poke fun at HD riders and there ride outs, All rider groups can tell humourous tales of their own :oops: If no one gets hurt and people enjoy what they do then roll with it :)

For Sale

Fat Boy XLFFFSTX Tsunami proof would make excellent sea brake for a Costa Cruise Liner :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock and pipe carrier)

"don`t need no politicians to tell me what I shouldn`t be"

Return to “Boxerbanter”