1st trip of '24

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

1st trip of '24

Postby slparry » Fri May 24, 2024 12:52 pm

So as it's my 50th anniversary of riding motorbikes, and my 66th birthday on the 10th June we're going to do the NC500 again, and a whistlestop tour of various seafood emporiums enroute, as I like the Applecross Inn so I think spending my birthday there would be very agreeable :D

If anyone is in the area I'll be at the Inn on the 10th June, long shot I know but the offer's there :D

I've worked out my lifetime mileage is somewhere between 1,000,000 and 1,250,000 miles, and thanks to my previous global job, on every continent apart from Antarctica ... apparently Royal Enfield rode some Himalayas to the south pole recently .... would've been great to get on that gig and round the anniversary off nicely :) Having said that it would have involved camping ... yuck :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

big rob

Re: 1st trip of '24

Postby big rob » Sat May 25, 2024 6:26 pm

Hi Steve, are you doing the NC500 clockwise (heading up West side of Scotland) and coming back down the east side?
Thing is, Mrs Big Rob & I are booked with our van on the Black Isle from 10th to 14th June with our 2 Dogs. I'd love a "valid" reason to ride a motorcycle to our chosen location :lol: I'd be up for meeting-up for a blether/ ride out/ meal somewhere if the dates suit you.

Oh, Mrs Big Rob & I did most of the NC500 2-weeks ago on our bikes, 700 glorious miles covered & never got rained on once :D Some stunning roads and scenery to enjoy :)

Cheers, Rob & Gail.

bobtail

Postby bobtail » Mon May 27, 2024 11:38 am

Just returned from a week up the west coast staying on the shores of Loch Leven (North Ballachulish). Unfortunately only on four wheels! Seemed to be a lot more bikes up there than in previous years many German and Dutch registrations. If you have time take the road from Fort William to Malaig but be careful as you approach the Glenfinnan monument the parking here is now very bad. As you approach Arisaig take the minor road through the village and onto Back of Kepoch and then onto Camusdarach Sands (parking on the lhs in designated car park). This is where they filmed all the beach scenes for Local Hero. Park up then walk through the dunes to the beach and as you emerge you will be stopped in your tracks at the most wondrous view, white sands, blue/green sea and that view of Rum and Eigg one if not the best in the world.
Must get back on the two wheels for next year.
Last edited by bobtail on Wed May 29, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are we there yet?

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Mon May 27, 2024 2:16 pm

Have fun Steve and I hope it goes well. I'll be up that way sort of, but at the end of June - scenic route to Shetland via Ardnamurchan and Dunnet Head (according to the plan, I'll be in Orkney for 6 hours or so which is something of a missed opportunity, but there we go...).

Oh, and welcome to Pensioner status! J

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon May 27, 2024 6:26 pm

big rob wrote:Hi Steve, are you doing the NC500 clockwise (heading up West side of Scotland) and coming back down the east side?
Thing is, Mrs Big Rob & I are booked with our van on the Black Isle from 10th to 14th June with our 2 Dogs. I'd love a "valid" reason to ride a motorcycle to our chosen location :lol: I'd be up for meeting-up for a blether/ ride out/ meal somewhere if the dates suit you.

Oh, Mrs Big Rob & I did most of the NC500 2-weeks ago on our bikes, 700 glorious miles covered & never got rained on once :D Some stunning roads and scenery to enjoy :)

Cheers, Rob & Gail.

Hi Rob and Gail

Tracey and I will be at the applecross on the 10th would love to meet any fella tiixters!!!

We're off to the altnahara the next day
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

big rob

Postby big rob » Tue May 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Hi Steve, we're booked into Fortrose on the 10th, catch-up some other time.
Have a great a great trip, fingers crossed for some nice weather :)

Return to “Boxerbanter”