Mulling over ...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Mulling over ...

Postby slparry » Fri May 17, 2024 1:45 pm

I'm considering, as much as I love them both, selling my K1 and my BCR and adding pennies to acquire a HP2S.

In my view the HP2S and the i8 are two of the prettiest vehicles BMW produced, and at present the i8 is still a bit ouch price wise. Plus it's a difficult thing to get in and out of.

HP2S have been climbing in value forever and I'm figuring now maybe the last chance to get one

Prolly won't do it but half the fun is the looking :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

JamesL

Re: Mulling over ...

Postby JamesL » Fri May 17, 2024 5:01 pm

Hmm, toughie! How much the HP2S and how much would you ride it? Both the BCR and K1 are surely each iconic in their way; I suppose there's no way you could simply add the HP2S to the Parry fleet :D ?

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue May 21, 2024 11:52 am

The HP2s is ‘special’………….

Been threatening to sell mine for last couple of years, now - as I just seldom get a chance to ride it.

Now - all standard apart from the HP4 mirrors. Think the mileage is still below 6k and still qualifies for BMW warranty, I believe.

I guess you have ridden one before, Steve? They are a long-legged, open-roads bike - akin to a Honda SP1/2, Mille R or Ducati 999 etc - does not like pootling around towns.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue May 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Blackal wrote:They are a long-legged, open-roads bike - akin to a Honda SP1/2, Mille R or Ducati 999 etc - does not like pootling around towns.

Sounds perfect where do I sign :lol:

Seriously I’d love one and probably the only bike I’d sell my 12s for, I remember a few years back an old member had 3 for sale, my wife said bye one I wish I had, what are the worth now Al ? With 6k on the clock
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue May 21, 2024 2:25 pm

Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

popsky wrote:
Blackal wrote:They are a long-legged, open-roads bike - akin to a Honda SP1/2, Mille R or Ducati 999 etc - does not like pootling around towns.

Sounds perfect where do I sign :lol:

Seriously I’d love one and probably the only bike I’d sell my 12s for, I remember a few years back an old member had 3 for sale, my wife said bye one I wish I had, what are the worth now Al ? With 6k on the clock

Less than £16,500, it seems……………. :shock:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed May 22, 2024 10:29 am

Blackal wrote:The HP2s is ‘special’………….

Been threatening to sell mine for last couple of years, now - as I just seldom get a chance to ride it.

Now - all standard apart from the HP4 mirrors. Think the mileage is still below 6k and still qualifies for BMW warranty, I believe.

I guess you have ridden one before, Steve? They are a long-legged, open-roads bike - akin to a Honda SP1/2, Mille R or Ducati 999 etc - does not like pootling around towns.

I've not ridden one, but I find my 11S quite long legged and expect it to be more so. Living in North Wales long legged is ok, I can find routes not so "observed" :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed May 22, 2024 10:30 am

slparry wrote:

I've not ridden one, but I find my 11S and the K1 are quite long legged and expect it to be more so. Living in North Wales long legged is ok, I can find routes not so "observed" :D
--
Steve Parry

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 am

slparry wrote:
slparry wrote:

I've not ridden one, but I find my 11S and the K1 are quite long legged, liking to roll along at 80 - 90, and expect it to be more so. Living in North Wales long legged is ok, I can find routes not so "observed" :D
--
Steve Parry

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:22 pm

You don`t need to mull over buying this model. If you can afford it and you are Boxatisti its a no brainer!

Sadly I can`t afford one.

Defo the SP1 of the BMW Boxer range.

Go on Steve , live the dream!

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”