New lid

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Sandy

Re: New lid

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 am

Herb wrote:Stay away from HJC RPHA max. I bought one, good reviews and was initially impressed, but it leaks severely. Water comes through top vent (open or closed) and runs down internal visor.

It's been back to the distributor (Oxford) who put it in test chamber and they tell me it doesn't leak, so I really don't know what the copious amounts of water is? Must be my imagination. I am not the only one with this problem but HJC deny it. Bloody dangerous.

They won't replace it, so I will satisfy myself by highlighting this failure at every opportunity.

The only brands I would now consider for a flip are Shoei, Schuberth and BMW. In fact I might check out that system 6 deal. Few guys in my club have them and rate them.

I would not consider the Shark. Check out the sharp ratings. A guide only but the face guard only stayed in place 33% of the time. 2 time out of 3 your face would have been vulnerable, and I am far too pretty to deny the world my good looks. :D

I also have the HJC RPHA MAX which I think is an OK helmet in the dry but when it rains I get water coming in from the LOWER vent. The visor is also not optically correct - gives distorted views. Mine has also been back to the distributor but returned to me in the same state. I wont buy from this company again

daves

Re: New lid

Postby daves » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 pm

I went and bought a System 6 in the sale as suggested by Steve! The price was too good to miss. It's a shiny bright yellow/green one.

It's a snug fit at 58/59 but the next size up felt too big. Hopefully it won't be uncomfortable on a longer trip.

Thanks for all the advice!

Dave
K100RS x2, one dark blue, one blue and pearl
K100RT, blue
K100LT, gold (eugh)
R80 RT green
R90S, smoke grey
R1100S, yellow
R1100GS, Kalahari
R1200S, silver

Return to “Boxerbanter”