Rossi Merchandising Value

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

Rossi Merchandising Value

Postby Herb » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm

In a bid to support my conspiracy theory concerning the MotoGP this weekend, I have been trying to find estimates for rider value to the team by the way of merchandising sales and increased sponsorship.

Has anyone seen any figures? I would be surprised if no one had ever compiled a list comparing rider financial value, away from actual race results.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

i thinkthe the VR46 brand is worth more than all the others put together.
there was an article a couple of years back about it. MM in second and Crutchlow 3rd. both of whom were at the tiime had their merchandise produced by VR46 brand

Henners

Postby Henners » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:46 pm

The MotoGP website was promoting Crutchlow's merchandise until this August as "Carl Crutchlow" :lol: Then someone gave Cal a nudge ...

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Good post. This is the true VR46, hard headed ruthless and well connected in the "Business end of things" He has an influence on the grid and off it in the back room. Arguably single handed injected some Fatto sen sazione into Moto Gp over the years, typical Mafiosa style he was" Evasione Fis Cale" floating off the Riminni coast with Ucchio whilst the chancellor thought he was living in london.

He is a very powerful guy in the MC world, no one wants to cross him as the recent fall out suggests cos they do not want to bite the hand that feeds them. No race direction, none of them had the balls to stand up and say (apart from Matt Oxley) well actually you did kick out at young MM.

I respect him yet loathe him cos he can not con me with his appy ploy, he would not like me like he does not give a shxt for any human being especially those who were suckers to adore him and make him rich. He is single minded, win at all costs very successful.

So were Josef and Adolf

Thankfully I have not made him rich buying any of his gay shxte. I wish him all the best and hope Ucchio can console him well after the Spanish Inquisition :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

popsky

Postby popsky » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 am

boxerscott wrote:This is the true VR46,
He is a very powerful. He is single minded, win at all costs very successful.

So were Josef and Adolf

Cannot believe that a rant against Rossi has those two names in it :shock:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Herb

Postby Herb » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:42 am

popsky wrote:
boxerscott wrote:This is the true VR46,
He is a very powerful. He is single minded, win at all costs very successful.

So were Josef and Adolf

Cannot believe that a rant against Rossi has those two names in it :shock:

We reached Godwin's law pretty quickly on this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

This was meant as an attempt at proper discussion rather than a who did or didn't kick / Harrass who.

Rossi has a huge following. It did not dissipate, even when he wasn't winning. I have not seen any figures for how much his 'brand' is worth to a team, though they must exist.

Before Marquez no one could match him, no matter how many flags were planted. Had Rossi gone to WSB say 5 years ago I have no doubt that WBS would be the premier class and MotoGP would be some struggling support series.
********Jim********

---------------------------

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:47 am

Herb wrote:
We reached Godwin's law pretty quickly on this one.

Ha, nice one. I'd never heard of it.

A mathematical law is meant to tell us something.....

(Ps. I agree about the wsbk thing.)

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:10 am

Is Rossi going to be the fall guy for a mass withdrawal of sponsors?

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45 am

boxerscott wrote:Good post. This is the true VR46, hard headed ruthless and well connected in the "Business end of things" He has an influence on the grid and off it in the back room. Arguably single handed injected some Fatto sen sazione into Moto Gp over the years, typical Mafiosa style he was" Evasione Fis Cale" floating off the Riminni coast with Ucchio whilst the chancellor thought he was living in london.

He is a very powerful guy in the MC world, no one wants to cross him as the recent fall out suggests cos they do not want to bite the hand that feeds them. No race direction, none of them had the balls to stand up and say (apart from Matt Oxley) well actually you did kick out at young MM.

I respect him yet loathe him cos he can not con me with his appy ploy, he would not like me like he does not give a shxt for any human being especially those who were suckers to adore him and make him rich. He is single minded, win at all costs very successful.

So were Josef and Adolf

Thankfully I have not made him rich buying any of his gay shxte. I wish him all the best and hope Ucchio can console him well after the Spanish Inquisition :wink:

I did not realise that the most knowledgable person on world motor cycle racing,was a plumber from Jedburgh. :lol:
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

Henners

Postby Henners » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 am

Corvus wrote:Is Rossi going to be the fall guy for a mass withdrawal of sponsors?

Could be ~ Repsol are in huge trouble in Canada, Moviestar are furious over Yamaha cancelling the big party this weekend 'cos vale and. Jorge are daggers drawn, etc. Could be just the excuse they need to withdraw ...

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:19 am

bikemad99 wrote:

I did not realise that the most knowledgable person on world motor cycle racing,was a plumber from Jedburgh. :lol:

"plumber" :D

(harsh :oops: )

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Blackal wrote:
bikemad99 wrote:

"plumber" :D

(harsh :oops: )

Al :D

Pair of stilsons, waders and a snorkel.....

Yip, that's a plumber.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am

bikemad99 wrote:
boxerscott wrote:Good post. This is the true VR46, hard headed ruthless and well connected in the "Business end of things" He has an influence on the grid and off it in the back room. Arguably single handed injected some Fatto sen sazione into Moto Gp over the years, typical Mafiosa style he was" Evasione Fis Cale" floating off the Riminni coast with Ucchio whilst the chancellor thought he was living in london.

So were Josef and Adolf

Ha , thanks Reg that's a compliment. A shame I was not race director at Sepang then . :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”