Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Looks like Marquez is at fault to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rXZMHQ1hEs
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Then Rossi engineered it to look that way......

No way - was Rossi's actions leading up to the coming-together...... could be judged to be "normal".

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:43 pm

slparry wrote:Looks like Marquez is at fault to be honest

What? Are we watching the same footage? Watch the video you posted 10 tens (with and open mind) and tell me honestly you think Rossi didn't kick Marquez off. Watch the helicopter angle once and it's even more obvious.

You see what you want to see. I know what I saw.

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Just looks like Rossi pushed him away as he bumped onto his slider :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Deffo MM at fault for the crash, but Rossi should not have risen to the petulant childish game of MM, Rossi's punishment is fair IMHO, but MM should have got a kick up the arse too, Rossi WAS provoked, but should not have retaliated and MM's lunge into Rossi caused him to crash, MM's claim that Rossi kicked him and hit his front brake is proven to be a lie by that vid that Steve has posted, and backed up by the fact that the bikes have a front brake lever protector fitted to stop exactly that from happening.
By retaliating Rossi has blown his last chance of a title, and MM has blown any chance earning respect in the paddock.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm

He was going down before Rossi`s foot left the footrest,I think his handlebar hit Rossi.How strong do you think Rossi is,to push Marquez off with one leg.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

eyore

Postby eyore » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Marquez is a pup and was holding Vale up as was shown by his quicker laps after Marquez crashed.
Shame if this turns out to be the end of Vales possible no 10. :cry: :cry:
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 am

slparry wrote:Looks like Marquez is at fault to be honest

Assuming the video here hasn't been doctored ( :D ) then, if you hadn't already seen just how wide and how slow Rossi had gone, you'd surely come to the conclusion that the aggressor and culprit was Marc Marquez. He fell off as a result of his own aggression. Rossi is lucky his leg/foot wasn't injured.

Regarding Phillip island. To absolve Marquez of what Rossi was claiming simply because he took the win on the last lap (with what appeared to be plenty of speed in reserve) is missing the point IMO. The point being that he's not out to help Lorenzo. Only to hinder Rossi and win if possible. Based on that strategy, Phillip island was executed to (almost) perfection. It shows he has one hell of a ruthless racing mind and talent. Rossi has consistently shown us the very rough edges of marquez's talent however. Marquez is mack the knife to rossi's zorro. :D

I don't believe that Rossi's chances of another title are over either. He still has the determination and guile to take it this year. And why not next year?

What of lorenzo's outburst. After only a cursory look at the evidence?

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 am

I don't care what popular opinion is .

I support Rossi 100 % .

I have had grief with officials of what they consider unsporting behaviour and I considered , I'm in front , my line .... find your own way around me .... don't cry when you fall off because I've used all the track to go around the bend ... I'm in front ...

I have been a racer many years ago , and can understand the frustration , when you are going for a championship , and some upstart decides to start slowing down in front of you to disrupt your pace and line ...

If it happens just once , accept the guy made an error ...

But MM has been doing it as many times a lap as he can ...

Rossi got in front , and decided "ok, I slow you down and see how you like it...."

MM had a go at hitting Rossi , a clash , and MM fell off .

MM was just as guilty, he could simply have slowed and gone inside Rossi and streaked off , but he chose to duke it out ....

Now according to him Rossi kicked his brake lever and caused the fall.

According to Rossi MM accelerated into his leg and hit his own brake on Rossi knee ....

None of the camera angles show conclusively exactly what happened...

In my opinion as an ex FIM Clerk of Course, I'd have slapped both with a penalty for unsportsmanlike behaviour .

As it stands, Rossi is the bad boy , but was pushed into some sort of reaction......

If I was MM , I would be looking over my shoulder , and considering a new career in go karts or what ever ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:39 am

GerryB wrote:I don't care what popular opinion is .

I support Rossi 100 % .

A polarised view is not a guarantee of being correct, and in court with a jury - popular opinion does matter............ :D

(the court reference is a an analogy only)

Al :wink:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 am

As an ex racer (also of many years ago) I agree with Gerry B

First time I got leant on and physically moved sideways at a hairpin was by Frank Rutter, who was older and much more experienced than I was.
When I confronted him for dangerous riding in the paddock later, his response was "well you were leading and I couldn't get past for the win unless I did that and anyway this is a big boys game now"

Screwed my head up for the next race, but then pushing people wide and leaning on them became the norm in Nationals.
With the exception of the Manx Grand Prix where everyone except Phil McCallen kept a reasonally wide berth, he knocked my leg off the footrest when he came past at Millntown Cottage which is scary fast anyway.
John M

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 am

SP250 wrote:As an ex racer (also of many years ago) I agree with Gerry B

First time I got leant on and physically moved sideways at a hairpin was by Frank Rutter, who was older and much more experienced than I was.
When I confronted him for dangerous riding in the paddock later, his response was "well you were leading and I couldn't get past for the win unless I did that and anyway this is a big boys game now"

Screwed my head up for the next race, but then pushing people wide and leaning on them became the norm in Nationals.
With the exception of the Manx Grand Prix where everyone except Phil McCallen kept a reasonally wide berth, he knocked my leg off the footrest when he came past at Millntown Cottage which is scary fast anyway.

BTW John ... this you someone on MCN are wittering about

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2001 ... your-life/

I assume they've put RS instead of S :)
--
Steve Parry

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:44 am

Yep it should have been S not RS

That was me and you've seen the scars on my 11S where I got hit.

Barry Salmon who was following me, said it was the best stoppie he'd seen with about 4 foot of daylight under the rear wheel.
He told me to sit on the armco and calm down while he went and tore the driver a new a**e hole.
John M

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 am

GerryB wrote:I don't care what popular opinion is .

I support Rossi 100 % .

is it a possibility you are a Lance Armstrong fan too? :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 am

Thought this a very good write up

https://m.motomatters.com/analysis/2015 ... who_h.html

My thoughts are its a great shame for the last race which was shaping up to be epic
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Return to “Boxerbanter”