Stolen bike - Stolen Again!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue May 05, 2015 10:52 am

That's brilliant news - just hope you get the bike back asap and all's well again. :)

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Tue May 05, 2015 11:05 am

I can understand a day or two to finger print and process but two weeks to read the frame number !

I can understand how you feel.

Any idea of what condition is was left in, I'm hopping it was okay?

Duggers

Postby Duggers » Tue May 05, 2015 12:19 pm

I've not been allowed to see it yet as it was awaiting inspection, they wont tell me if it can be ridden away.

It's in the Perival police pound so I need to go have a look. fingers crossed

Duggers

Postby Duggers » Tue May 05, 2015 1:44 pm

BMBler, I think you a right

It seems that you cannot get the bike out of the pound without either turning up in person or using an "approved" recovery company.

Any approved company I've talked to wants £150 just to go pick it up, before actually taking it anywhere and not including the £200 I already owe. They will not tell me what condition the bike is in so I need to take a punt on that and turn up in person, taking a day off work, and hope it's ridable, if not I'm back to the approved recovery companies. Meanwhile I'm being charged £10 a day for them to hold it hostage.

I'm not normally one to moan about things but this country does seem to make it hard work being on the right side of the law.

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Duggers wrote:BMBler, I think you a right

It seems that you cannot get the bike out of the pound without either turning up in person or using an "approved" recovery company.

Any approved company I've talked to wants £150 just to go pick it up, before actually taking it anywhere and not including the £200 I already owe. They will not tell me what condition the bike is in so I need to take a punt on that and turn up in person, taking a day off work, and hope it's ridable, if not I'm back to the approved recovery companies. Meanwhile I'm being charged £10 a day for them to hold it hostage.

I'm not normally one to moan about things but this country does seem to make it hard work being on the right side of the law.

Surely your insurance company will pick up the tab? All these costs have arisen due to the bike being stolen after all. Yes, the whole thing sucks :evil: You've been a victim of a crime, then a victim of the system. It must be bloody frustrating. Hang in there!

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Wed May 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Meanwhile I'm being charged £10 a day for them to hold it hostage.

Yeah, a mate had an old Triumph stolen and got "bitten" by the daily fee.

Second bike was stolen and recovered within a couple of days. Police told him where it was and he just walked there and picked it up directly. :D
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

Duggers

Postby Duggers » Sat May 09, 2015 10:35 am

I just rode the bike back from the police pound, started first press of the button. The only damage seems to be the ignition switch.

All a bit annoying but at least it's back
:D

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat May 09, 2015 11:57 am

Duggers wrote:I just rode the bike back from the police pound, started first press of the button. The only damage seems to be the ignition switch.

All a bit annoying but at least it's back
:D

Excellent!
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Duggers

oh no, not again

Postby Duggers » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Looks like they must have enjoyed the last trip last time as my bike was stolen again on Friday night.

Can I ask you again to keep an eye out for Wilbers shocks, Staintune Exhaust or a Corbin seat coming up for sale.

eyore

Re: oh no, not again

Postby eyore » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Duggers wrote:Looks like they must have enjoyed the last trip last time as my bike was stolen again on Friday night.

Can I ask you again to keep an eye out for Wilbers shocks, Staintune Exhaust or a Corbin seat coming up for sale.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe its time to review your security measures. Once bitten and and all that.
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

leasky

Postby leasky » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Bloody hell, that's unlucky.
Leasky

roadburner

Postby roadburner » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

that's just gutting.

Duggers

Re: oh no, not again

Postby Duggers » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:02 pm

eyore wrote:
Duggers wrote:Looks like they must have enjoyed the last trip last time as my bike was stolen again on Friday night.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe its time to review your security measures. Once bitten and and all that.

It doesn't help living in a terraced house in London, nowhere but the road to leave it. I bought a lock after and chain after the last time but failed to put it on that night. They must be checking the area regularly or I just got very unlucky.

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Really sorry for you - that is a right sh*t sandwich.
:(

Magic Man

Postby Magic Man » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 am

My garage has been done twice, the only thing that seems to have stopped it is having CCTV fitted.

Return to “Boxerbanter”