Pursuit

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bikesnbones

Pursuit

Postby bikesnbones » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Apparently, more and more constabulary's are adopting a non pursuit policy for motorcycles.
Evidently, it's for the safety of the rider.
So if your pride and joy was nicked, and the Police came across it being ridden along and the rider sped off after being asked to pull over, how would you feel if they just let him go.
:?

Twinspark

Postby Twinspark » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm

On the other hand, this sounds like a perfect excuse for a filthy rear plate and riding like a twat everywhere!

If they can't read the plate and can't chase...
Fucked Off!

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

mh374

Postby mh374 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Twinspark wrote:On the other hand, this sounds like a perfect excuse for a filthy rear plate and riding like a twat everywhere!

If they can't read the plate and can't chase...

But not on the M25 obviously.

:shock:

Bikerhoss

Postby Bikerhoss » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 pm

That's been an ACPOS policy in Scotland for a long time (I had a quick search but couldn't find the info I had seen before).
There was a 'hoo haa' about chases in Aberdeen a couple years back, bunch of eejits stealing cars and posting it on Facetube etc.

Anyways, compensation culture as it is, I reckon there is so much fear they'll get sued by an innocent party, or even by the one getting chased, that it's a no-go.

Ok, there are some nasty accidents State side because they chase everyone, but over there the blame lies squarely with the chump who doesn't stop, not the police.

Harsh it may be, but I'd rather my bike and the c@#t who stole it crashed than they got left to 'run away'.
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

mh374

Postby mh374 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

markwin

Postby markwin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Bike gets stolen , Police give chase ,idiot thief unable to cope with circumstances and ploughs into -insert as found/Man/Woman/Father/Mother/Son/Daughter .Bottom line Death/grief and ruined lives.This incident started out as "just" a scumbag stealing something that is only an inanimate object but has now escalated into sheer horror for those that did not even have any involvement with the original crime.We all need to see the bigger picture here and the main focus aint the stolen bike .I have had several bikes stolen and was as pissed as anyone else but sometimes the victim of the thief is not best placed to make an informed and rational response (mine is along the lines of "string him up by the bo**ocks and let the Crows eat his guts"....not really what we want in a civilised society is it ?

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:46 pm

markwin wrote: "string him up by the bo**ocks and let the Crows eat his guts"....not really what we want in a civilised society is it ?

No, but it'll be a start :wink:

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Maybe that's the way to getting a civilized society where no one nicks other peoples' property.
John M

conkerman

Postby conkerman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 am

PoPo in life more valuable than machine shocker.

Tin foil hats! Get ypur tin foil hats here!
Gary

Return to “Boxerbanter”