Rage and Anger!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Steve1200S

Rage and Anger!

Postby Steve1200S » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 am

Well,

After spending the last two weeks slowly building an awesome steel mounting bike (with various refurbished parts from my old racing MTB and new parts, all together worth about 2k), some cu@t has nicked it from the bike shed at work! absolute fu@king lowlife arse faced t@ssers!!

Will cost me about 1 1/2 months wages to re-build, and they just take it, just like that. :evil:

I'm now extreeeemly angry and hate everyone for a few days till I calm down! :evil: :evil:

Sorry .......Just needed to vent... :(
----------------------------------------------
Steve.

1980 R100S
2003 VFR 800
A Silly Van.

Bikerhoss

Postby Bikerhoss » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 am

:evil: on your behalf.

Bring back the Birch :evil:
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 am

Had to look that one up, as I knew it wasn't Motor Torpedo Boat :roll:

It's Moun Tain Bike :scratch:

Hang on! ................

What about Mo Tor Bike? :?

Acronyms - WTF are they all about?

Al :wink:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

SAS Tom

Postby SAS Tom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 am

Really doesn't surprise me. Was it locked up?

If I had a 2k push bike I wouldn't leave it anywhere!

Steve1200S

Postby Steve1200S » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 pm

With a 1/2" stinless steel lifting cable (rated to 1.5 tonnes) and a massive pad lock. They cut through the cable and its reinforced sleeve. In a busy area with lots of traffic, in a bike shed, under a CCTV camera (that turns out doesn't work!).

Learnt a lesson though, use the my spare motorbike lock next time!

Hopfully a camera from one of the other units has cought something. for a start the cutters must have been faily big (ours are about 1m long), so couldn't be hidden in a bag.

I'm sure it's gone for good, but fingers crossed anyway. :(

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=160464&d=1371540554
----------------------------------------------

Steve.

1980 R100S

2003 VFR 800

A Silly Van.

ned1

Postby ned1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Could be worth putting a photo up..............you never know someone may see it on ebay, gumtree etc.

Ned
Yesterday R1100S 03, today K1300s sport
Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 pm

that's shit. Even at home my good MTB stays in the houserather than the garaged and insurance for them is worse than for the BMW
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

SAS Tom

Postby SAS Tom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I'd suggest using a cheaper bike if its going to be left outside most of the day!

HerrFlick

Postby HerrFlick » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Steve1200S wrote:With a 1/2" stinless steel lifting cable (rated to 1.5 tonnes) and a massive pad lock. They cut through the cable and its reinforced sleeve. In a busy area with lots of traffic, in a bike shed, under a CCTV camera (that turns out doesn't work!).

Learnt a lesson though, use the my spare motorbike lock next time!

Hopfully a camera from one of the other units has cought something. for a start the cutters must have been faily big (ours are about 1m long), so couldn't be hidden in a bag.

I'm sure it's gone for good, but fingers crossed anyway. :(

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=160464&d=1371540554

Steve - my eldest bloke (Denis) works in Sheffield and is a very active MTB'r.

I'll ask him to keep an eye out etc.

BTW - he knows what that's like as he had his pride and joy stolen under identical circumstances here abt 12 years ago. And - it turned up a year later when the weasel thief tried to flog it at a 2nd hand shop.

Real torque curves don't have a first derivative. :-^)

f90x

Postby f90x » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Sorry for the loss of your bike. Id be gutted if mine went and its worth a fraction of what yours was in monetary terms. Unfortunately bycicle thieves love cable as its the easiest thing to cut through regardless of what it can lift. A decent set of bolt cropper s will cut through them in seconds. A hardened steel shackle like the Kryptonite New York. Or the Abus Granit X Plus. Both are the best part of £90 and a determined thief with the correct tools and time will still eventually get through them but they will definitely deter the opportunist.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Well, that's an effin bar steward to say the least, Steve. It makes you want to do them some harm.

I had a nearly new bicycle stolen from the bike rack at work two years ago. CCTV showed a guy in a hoodie walked on to the premises with bolt cutters, cut the cable and cycled off, bolt cutters over his shoulder. Weeks of monitoring eBay proved fruitless.

A few years before, I went out to my parking bay and the wrong Ford Sierra was parked next to where my Sierra should have been. Funny, I thought and it took ages for the penny to drop that my car had gone. So I got on the phone to the police and they said, "we were just about to call you, sir". My car had been found abandoned about 40 miles away. It turns out the one parked next to where mine should have been had been stolen and left when the shitbag swapped over to mine.

Return to “Boxerbanter”