el-nicko....your answer from Big Robs voting topic

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ned1

el-nicko....your answer from Big Robs voting topic

Postby ned1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Don't want to mess with Big Robs Thoughts so put your answer here........

I had a test ride I was sold, this is one serious motorcycle and will hopefully give me many years of pleasure,

First I have to say that my old R1100S was a great bike round single A and B roads which could and did
shame some sports bikes, but found it hard work keeping up with my mates big modern bikes
on the duel carriage ways and motorways that we seem to have to use to get anywhere theses days.

As for the short time that I've had the K,
I fitted a Remus Hexacone end can which I am pleased with the look and sound, the bike has a gear assist (quick shifter)
fitted that I wasn't sure about but turned out to be one of the best toys on the bike, brakes are the best I've had,
but they should be good for 175 bhp bike, the engine sounds like a turbine when on song (not my words) and don't
matter what the speed is, open the throttle and away you go, they say they really start to go above 7,000 revs but I've
not been there yet.
It's not the sort of bike that I will be working on unlike the old boxer and will be getting BMW's extended warranty to sort any problems out.

Love it :lol:

There are a lot of scary stories on the forums about the reliability of the K
which put me off a bit, I think most of the problems seem to be on the K1200 which is one reason I got a K1300.
Here's a link to Steve Parry's latest list on his K1200GT SE.
http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... &highlight
Last edited by ned1 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yesterday R1100S 03, today K1300s sport
Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

iandunn1100ss

Postby iandunn1100ss » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:56 pm

I have recently bought a lovely k1200s 05 model that's has had all sorts mods done by dealers and it seems spot on. Fitted a lazer can and k&n filters. Bloody hell it's a quick and torquey to ride,would not lose out to my r1 by much. Bought for our two up bike and poor old Sam said after her first trip out on it that it was insane. The ESA is spot on too. Got the sport boxes and have fitted a kappa 53 ltr box. I think the 2 weeks at the tt could be great fun this year. Hope you enjoy the k1300 as much I do the 12.
Bmw r1100s 02 frost blue,bmw r1100s 03 blue,Yamaha tmax500 03 silver
Honda fireblade rrx 98 orange and bronze,aprilia rs250 01 black and red,aprilia rsv milie 99 black and silver

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Re: el-nicko....your answer from Big Robs voting topic

Postby el-nicko » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm

ned1 wrote:Don't want to mess with Big Robs Thoughts so put your answer here........

Cheers Ned. All that 'GRUNT' + a shaft drive :!: It's a dream machine, no doubt about it.

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

Kaze

Postby Kaze » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:10 am

Got yourself a beauty there Ned, end can looks great! :D

I love that K engine, goes like a rocket, does this make your license an endangered species :?: :shock:
Kaze

ned1

Postby ned1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:09 am

Kaze wrote: does this make your license an endangered species :?: :shock:

ask me again this time next year :?: :wink:

Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

Steve1200S

Postby Steve1200S » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 am

Nice looking bike Ned.

Strangely I never gave the S a look in when I bought the GT, probably should have as it looks like an awesome machine, I'm guessing still comfier than the average sports bike too? Similar position to a 12S?

I Like the comfort factor of the GT - comfort, weight and handling wise it just like my old 1150RT, but its much faster and works!
----------------------------------------------
Steve.

1980 R100S
2003 VFR 800
A Silly Van.

ned1

Postby ned1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Steve1200S wrote:Nice looking bike Ned.

Strangely I never gave the S a look in when I bought the GT, probably should have as it looks like an awesome machine, I'm guessing still comfier than the average sports bike too? Similar position to a 12S?

I Like the comfort factor of the GT - comfort, weight and handling wise it just like my old 1150RT, but its much faster and works!

Thanks Steve............
The bike has a low seat and HeliBars which must make me a bit more upright, I have problems with my wrists (carpal tunnel) and can get pins & needles in my hand
The longest run I've done so far is a 340 mile round trip with no problems with comfort apart from a fixed grin on my face.

:lol:

Return to “Boxerbanter”