How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby popsky » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Jeez I know that 12s are holding there prices but FECK me are they serious ???

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes ... GN-2239122

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:28 pm

points ..... laughs .......

looks like it's going to be in stock awhile :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Enough of this! You're meant to be "bigging up" the prices! :twisted:

For an entertaining read, however - see this 4yr old thread........... :D

http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... es&start=0

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

big rob

Postby big rob » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:34 pm

how fugly is that belly pan? :puke:

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <falls off chair....gets back up> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:07 pm

In all seriousness, BMW prices seem to be going a bit haywire of late - especially from stealers who are truly taking the p*ss. A dealer on Bike Trader's been trying to get £3.8k for a 40k mile R1100R. Great bike, stoooopid price.

StreetFlatTwin

Postby StreetFlatTwin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Dont get me wrong it is a crackin looking bike (apart from the horrible yellow colour :oops: (sorry)) with all of the right accessories BUT it is about £2k overpriced. I think about £5999 would be more achievable!

Think about it this way buy a 5 year old bike (this one) or buy a brand new (insert favorite bike ame here...) Street Triple with full arrow system (and more) for the same price!!
Silly

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Just noticed what the dealer is - Sawbridgeworth. 'Nuff said, they've always been way overpriced. :(

boxerscott

Buy an RC8 instead

Postby boxerscott » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Feel compelled to chip in here. I personally like the 1200s.I think it is a nice bike and no doubt all owwners of them on here are top blokes (judging by the ones I have met) BUT, at that price! the ad would not be misleading if it read "come and get rogered with a pogo stick" That is not one value for money sports twin unless Beyonce has owned it and ridden it down to the beach on a very hot day.

:wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Re: Buy an RC8 instead

Postby slparry » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:10 am

boxerscott wrote:Feel compelled to chip in here. I personally like the 1200s.I think it is a nice bike and no doubt all owwners of them on here are top blokes (judging by the ones I have met) BUT, at that price! the ad would not be misleading if it read "come and get rogered with a pogo stick" That is not one value for money sports twin unless Beyonce has owned it and ridden it down to the beach on a very hot day.

:wink:

or Beyonce owned it and the hot "beach" offers to ride you every day :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 am

It only takes one buyer though. The dealer probably stick their bikes on at a silly price for a few weeks, and maybe one in four times someone with more money than sense and too lazy to shop around makes a compulsive buy.

If no one buys, then they drop the price a bit. Nothing lost apart from some listing fees and a bit of space on the show room floor.

I paid £5.5K for mine against a ticket price of £8K from Pidcocks nearly 4 years ago. Someone can always make an offer.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 am

Herb wrote:It only takes one buyer though. The dealer probably stick their bikes on at a silly price for a few weeks, and maybe one in four times someone with more money than sense and too lazy to shop around makes a compulsive buy.

If no one buys, then they drop the price a bit. Nothing lost apart from some listing fees and a bit of space on the show room floor.

I paid £5.5K for mine against a ticket price of £8K from Pidcocks nearly 4 years ago. Someone can always make an offer.
1 in 4? Maybe the "Off Chance" and in fairness we can find examples of any model that are perceived by the masses to be priced way OTT. A dealer may well get fortunate but it would almost certainly stick with a private seller.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 am

Herb wrote:

Herb any chance I could use your negotiating skills ! 2.5K off the asking is some going.
I thought I had a good deal on mine when I traded in the SV1000s (I was happy with the deal :D) but nothing as good ad that, well done :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:38 am

popsky wrote:
Herb wrote:

Herb any chance I could use your negotiating skills ! 2.5K off the asking is some going.
I thought I had a good deal on mine when I traded in the SV1000s (I was happy with the deal :D) but nothing as good ad that, well done :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a stunning reduction. They must have some brassneck to justify why they were advertising at £8k in the first place, when they can sell at £5.5 and still make a profit.

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 am

To be honest it was not so much my negotiating skills, I was just lucky with my timing. In Dec 08 when I bought the bike the recession was just starting to bite and I think they were really struggling to shift any bikes at all.

They had 4 R1200s in stock, all priced at between 8 and 8.5K and told me I could have any of the 3 colgates they had for 6k. After a balls up registering my first choice, meaning it had an extra owner on the log book, I chose another and negotiated an extra £500 off for the hassle.

My point about the bike above is that its still something of a buyers market. You would be mad to pay full ticket price on a second hand 1200s when there is a lot of choice around.

Corrected, I bought the bike in 08.
Last edited by Herb on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
********Jim********

---------------------------

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Return to “Boxerbanter”