Another quarter .... another target

Area for traders to advertise.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Another quarter .... another target

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 am

If anyone is seriously contemplating a new bike let me know, we're approaching target and will do fantastic offers :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Alan1572

Re: Another quarter .... another target

Postby Alan1572 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm looking at a new triple black R1200 GS, What kind of price am I looking at?

fontana

Postby fontana » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 pm

I wish I'd know about these quarterly targets.
I got nothing off for my bike in April, then a month afterwards there's discounts and £500 vouchers.
Never Ever buy a new bike unless there are special offers to go with it, because guaranteed if you do, the offers will follow shortly afterwards.
:x

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:22 pm

fontana wrote:I wish I'd know about these quarterly targets.
I got nothing off for my bike in April, then a month afterwards there's discounts and £500 vouchers.
Never Ever buy a new bike unless there are special offers to go with it, because guaranteed if you do, the offers will follow shortly afterwards.
:x

I seem to recall I offered we would do you a good deal but you wanted to stay loyal to ocean ;)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Alan1572 wrote:I'm looking at a new triple black R1200 GS, What kind of price am I looking at?

Alan, you have PM :)

Give me a call at work, Chester Motorrad
--
Steve Parry

fontana

Postby fontana » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:59 pm

slparry wrote:I seem to recall I offered we would do you a good deal but you wanted to stay loyal to ocean ;)

Not really a questions of loyalty, rather than keeping a good working relationship with the local dealer, and I seem to remember you agreed.
I wonder how thrilled Chester BMW would be to see one of their regular customers turn up with his brand new bike purchased from another dealer.
I've been there, and they don't like it when it comes to warranty work.
Anyway
This isn't actually an issue with Ocean, rather than one of extreme annoyance with BMW.
I know that whenever an incentive is offered, people who didn't get it will be pissed off. but that doesn't make me feel any better for having missed out on a £500 voucher by a few weeks.
I'm not your average BMW buyer with that amount rattling around in my back pocket.
It's a lot of money for me, and I'm gutted.
As I said, the lesson is a simple one.
Never buy a new BMW until nearing the quarterly target month, which in this case is June.
That's when you'll get the best deals, and freebies.
Do not buy till then.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

fontana wrote:
slparry wrote:I seem to recall I offered we would do you a good deal but you wanted to stay loyal to ocean ;)

Not really a questions of loyalty, rather than keeping a good working relationship with the local dealer, and I seem to remember you agreed.
I wonder how thrilled Chester BMW would be to see one of their regular customers turn up with his brand new bike purchased from another dealer.
I've been there, and they don't like it when it comes to warranty work.
Anyway
This isn't actually an issue with Ocean, rather than one of extreme annoyance with BMW.
I know that whenever an incentive is offered, people who didn't get it will be pissed off. but that doesn't make me feel any better for having missed out on a £500 voucher by a few weeks.
I'm not your average BMW buyer with that amount rattling around in my back pocket.
It's a lot of money for me, and I'm gutted.
As I said, the lesson is a simple one.
Never buy a new BMW until nearing the quarterly target month, which in this case is June.
That's when you'll get the best deals, and freebies.
Do not buy till then.

There's no £500 voucher offer for R9T Racers, the offer they've announced today is for 12GS's bought by repeat customers.

There isn't an average BMW owner in terms of finances, that I've seen. There's a mix of all pockets, genders, ages, sizes and characters.

Whatever we buy in life we run the risk of a better offer coming along, or the price going up after we've bought such is the retail process, different people will negotiate different deals with different dealerships. Our place will do its best to make very competitive offers, some dealerships point blank refuse to negotiate.

Fully agree a working relationship is a good thing, however, if we're talking of a considerable saving then, for me that's where my pennies are going.

For example, my mate Paul, who some here have met as back marker on Welsh weekends with his orange Triumph Tiger 955i. He's one of my best friends and was finding the Tiger getting too tall for him, on my recommendation he test rode an F800GT and loved it, and promptly went and bought one from the local Triumph dealer. Now bear in mind this is a mate, who took his business elsewhere, and I fully appreciate why. Triumph had a BMW in stock that they didn't want, he had a Triumph to PX which they wanted (and we didn't particularly), we have to put 2 years warranty and recovery on AUB's where Triumph just retailed it with 90 days warranty. We have to ensure all servicing is to date, Triumph don't. Hence why they could offer a tighter deal on this particular deal.

I do however keep winding him up that he's now out of warranty and recovery ;) But we'll still happily service the bike in future, being petty and making life difficult for someone would only backfire whereas being extra nice is more likely to encourage them to be a future customer.
--
Steve Parry

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:26 am

slparry wrote:There's no £500 voucher offer for R9T Racers,

This offer ran from May 17th,
All dealers are participating, and the Racer most definitely is included in the deal.

http://www.chester-motorrad.co.uk/news/ ... ge-models/

Quote from the above link.

"Customers will benefit from up to £500 (RRP) of BMW accessories or rider equipment upon delivery of any of the following bikes: RnineT, R nineT Scrambler, R nineT Racer, R nine T Pure".

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:03 am

fontana wrote:

All dealers are participating, and the Racer most definitely is included in the deal.

"Customers will benefit from up to £500 (RRP) of BMW accessories or rider equipment upon delivery of any of the following bikes: RnineT, R nineT Scrambler, R nineT Racer, R nine T Pure".

my apologies, I was getting confused by you mentioning £500 vouchers, there's an offer launched yesterday on new GS's as a loyalty bonus for existing customers (bike or car) ordering a new GS.
--
Steve Parry

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am

slparry wrote:my apologies, I was getting confused by you mentioning £500 vouchers, there's an offer launched yesterday on new GS's as a loyalty bonus for existing customers (bike or car) ordering a new GS.

Maybe voucher was the wrong word, but the offer amounts to the same thing.
I understand why manufacturers do these offers, and I don't blame the dealer, but missing out by a few weeks has really spoiled the buying experience for me.
:cry:

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 am

Ive only ever bought 3 new bikes in my 38 years riding.
Best deal i got and the last new bike I bought was from a BMW dealer in Tooting saff London.
I think they were called RGS?
Anyhow I had an accident on my VFR750 and had a decent payout for injuries etc
This was 1998. The height of parallel imports.
I got a belguim import CBR900RRV for £5200 all in.
I think they were over £7000 at the time, if not more. Ok it was last years model, but who cares.
Only sold it as now I'm old I used to get cramp on it.
Best bike ever, track days, touring commuting done it all.
I actually cried when I sold it with 30,000 miles on it for £1350 to a lucky bloke in Greenwich

The 1100s I have now would be every bit as good if I could get another 30bhp out of it

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am

regarding warranty work, when I took my 12s to have a recall sorted the dealer wasn't worried where the bike came from as BMW were footing the bill
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm

stevesilver wrote:Ive only ever bought 3 new bikes in my 38 years riding.
Best deal i got and the last new bike I bought was from a BMW dealer in Tooting saff London.
I think they were called RGS?
Anyhow I had an accident on my VFR750 and had a decent payout for injuries etc
This was 1998. The height of parallel imports.
I got a belguim import CBR900RRV for £5200 all in.
I think they were over £7000 at the time, if not more. Ok it was last years model, but who cares.
Only sold it as now I'm old I used to get cramp on it.
Best bike ever, track days, touring commuting done it all.
I actually cried when I sold it with 30,000 miles on it for £1350 to a lucky bloke in Greenwich

The 1100s I have now would be every bit as good if I could get another 30bhp out of it

Sounds like an R1200RS you're describing ;)
--
Steve Parry

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

dave the german wrote:regarding warranty work, when I took my 12s to have a recall sorted the dealer wasn't worried where the bike came from as BMW were footing the bill

That's the general feeling from within the dealership. OK BMW times for doing a job can be a bit mean but it's good solid workshop booking. :D If a dealership got snotty with me 'cos I'd bought elsewhere they'd be losing a lot of parts and servicing income
--
Steve Parry

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm

fontana wrote:

I might have missed the thread Fontana, but to clarify, you have bought the new Racer? (looking forward to your ride report). When did you place the order and when is delivery due, or do you have the bike already?
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Return to “Trade Section”