feeling in touch with the modern world

Hifi, computers, cameras etc; gadgets and general chat about any other interesting hobbies you have.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

feeling in touch with the modern world

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Ok being a bit nosey, but where were you back in the day? who were you? and how do you feel about yourself now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmHgnPPkkQ

Undertones with Eddie and the Hot Rods "Do anything you want to do" I believed that, my kids had to believe Blair with his" all thicko`s to Uni call." I know what i would trust in.

and that would not be politicians.

Turn your radio on.. :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Re: feeling in touch with the modern world

Postby Blackal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm

“Two pints of what he’s drinking, please - barman!”. :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:55 pm

boxerscott wrote:Ok being a bit nosey, but where were you back in the day? who were you? and how do you feel about yourself now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmHgnPPkkQ

Undertones with Eddie and the Hot Rods "Do anything you want to do" I believed that, my kids had to believe Blair with his" all thicko`s to Uni call." I know what i would trust in.

and that would not be politicians.

Turn your radio on.. :wink:
i`ll start for 10. I feel worried about my future, my longevity and the quality of life i may end up with. I worry about maintaining my mental fitness, I fear about the legacy we are bestowing upon our grandkids. I love looking back at what a brilliant era we were brought up in, miners strikes, no fuel, 50mph speed limit, power cuts, rusty cars , no political correctness, hedonistic attitudes, led Zeppelin, Punk , football hooliganism, Red Robbo and no 3rd World War to fight. Plenty of apprenticeships about. (thankfully for me)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Blackal wrote:“Two pints of what he’s drinking, please - barman!”. :lol:

Hey Bro, have you still got my board shorts I lent you?
Fiat Panda.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am

Eddie and the Hot Rods!!! Saw them a few times. To add a little bit more gloom, listen to Beginning of the End on their BBC 1 (before it got REALLY $hite) Live in Concert - total raw energy!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:13 am

Chris >

'Back in the Day' I was born and brought up in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear. Hated school but now when I look back it was brilliant ! When I think about it now, just being able to play out in the streets with Mates, lads and lasses, every night after school was so much fun, without a care in the world about our safety from the scum of society it seems is everywhere now :cry:
In the school hierarchy, in our year, I would be just below the trendy kids and was happy with my lot. In my own group of friends I was a leader not a follower. I wasn't much of a scholar, attended school but wanted to muck about rather than study and couldn't wait till I left - Easter 1981. Had a Gov. scheme job for 6 months then left home and Sunderland and went to live on an Uncles farm in North Yorkshire, got a job and settled there where I stayed, worked and made a life for myself for the next 38 years.

I'm not a worrier, my glass is always half full and I am happy with all the choices I have made in my life, no regrets, lifes too short. I am now in a new chapter in my life, new partner, new job, moved to a new country albeit in the UK but it has its challenges and I am very, very happy.

I am very much looking forward to my future with Carolyn and the experiences we are going to share, no matter where we live or what life will throw at us. Onward and upward.

Is it Spring Yet ? :bounce:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm

That sounds a good deal to me John. I fear spring is coming, I missed the seasonal urge to buy a another bike at xmas but I fear cabin fever is rising.

We all live in hope for the future it`s the only way.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Al

Postby Al » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Chris, you need to move to the sunny south, nearly 9 hrs of daylight on a midwinters day, walks along palm tree lined promenades, no cabin fever or SAD in Devon, scraped ice off the car once so far this winter and they show rugby in the pubs!!

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Return to “Geeks' Corner”