Deep and Dirty

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

boxerscott

Deep and Dirty

Postby boxerscott » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Hey up , Blackal and I took advantage of dry roads with a circular blast From the Borders to Yorkie Pudshire yesterday. The purpose of the run was to affirm the status of the spreadsheet. Visited A1 moto in York to look at the modern retros on offer from Triumph. We then headed up the A19 to Thirsk before going over the NY moors to Sleights for a cuppa Rosie lea by the River Esk. From there it was homeward bound via partly the east coast road A174. From the delights of Eskdale we were then amidst the deep and dirty past of the mining industry. 20 minutes had elapsed , now greened over slag heaps to left and right before we rode through Dodge City or at least it looked like that and then some post a shootout! The jewel in the crown which is "Loftus ". (insert apology) Picked up the A19 and headed all the way home via A123,A1,A696,68 and back indoors for 6.40pm. Approximately 350miles, Two well considered tanks of fuel a surplus of 40 miles left in the tank. First run out of my R12r since Moffat last backend. My Maxxis tyres got a real workout and performed ace to the surprise of my travelling companion who on his own admission had a dilemma taking a "wayward" line at the hairpin ascending Sutton Bank :bounce:

Did not have time to take any photies but a satisfying run was had.

:) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulby_Mine

Chris
Last edited by boxerscott on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: Deep and Dirty

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Good work Chris & Al. What's filtered to the top of your spreadsheet after this wee jaunt? Have you written off your chance s of importing a Guzzi form the Netherlands?

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 pm

I think Chris is getting a bit deaf (and confused) in his old age.................... :roll:

Told him that I "wanted" to take a line using the opposite side of the road on those hairpins - after doing over 2,000 miles of them in Provence Alps this year............... Seemed strange being on the 'wrong' side of the road. :?

Did spot this fella at the Shell station in Jed (cue Led Zep.........)

(and the approx route)

Al :D
Attachments
Dazed and Confused.jpeg
Dazed and Confused.jpeg (118.75 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
Approx route.jpeg
Approx route.jpeg (120.85 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Paul wrote:Good work Chris & Al. What's filtered to the top of your spreadsheet after this wee jaunt? Have you written off your chance s of importing a Guzzi form the Netherlands?

Paul
Not sure as Al is the keeper of the spreadsheet. From the intel provided the Guzzi Anni should be up there. Mandello is now in production of the v7`s my source in Netherlands informs. Definitely not written off. I do like the bobber look in particular the T120 Triumph. The hard tail look and luggage accs make it a really useful looking option. I like the glossy shiny ones best :wink:

BTW I am down in Northants from the 4th of Oct. The 5th would be perfect for a Towcester meet??

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Great stuff you two 8) , decent bloody run that :bounce: Sutton Bank isn't a proper hairpin Al, what were ya playing at :bom:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:33 pm

boxerscott wrote:BTW I am down in Northants from the 4th of Oct. The 5th would be perfect for a Towcester meet??

Your merest wish is my command, old chap.

See you there.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Return to “Ride Reports”