Hart side Pass - (not cafe )

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

BoxerCup R

Hart side Pass - (not cafe )

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:23 am

A few members of the Boxster club were meeting at Hartside Sunday 31st May for a social distance observed catch up, so I thought I'd give the BCR a good run out and surprise them.

Away at 6:30 am in the glorious sunshine that was forecast for the whole country, all day :D

ImageIMG_1100 by John Taylor, on Flickr

15 miles in and climbing ever so slightly and the world changed, I was suddenly in fog, visor started to mist up on the outside, it got darker and then thick fog :shock: A Black visor doesn't show the damp patches on the road though so nothing to worry about, it's only a bit o'fret in't air :wink:

Through Selkirk and all was well again with the with the world 8)

ImageIMG_1101 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Just had to stop at this point to get a photo of my Beautiful Bike 8) Oh and have a pee :lol:

ImageIMG_1102 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1103 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1104 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1105 by John Taylor, on Flickr

I'd picked a route to come off the A7 at Longtown and take the A6071, Wow, what a great choice. It's a fast open road to start with and then gets very technical and interesting at the very last 3 miles into Brampton :bounce: It was a little bit of pot luck on the next stretch of a very narrow back road, mostly used by farmers by the look of it but there was nowt on the road :D and I had to stop a couple of times to check my position but it all added to the adventure :bounce:

ImageIMG_1106 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1107 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1108 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1109 by John Taylor, on Flickr

I arrived at the A686 exactly where I planned, 1.5 miles from the top :D

Looking West from Hartside (no cafe :cry: ) car park

ImageIMG_1110 by John Taylor, on Flickr

The Guys turned up and the surprise worked a treat :wink:

ImageIMG_1111 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1112 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1113 by John Taylor, on Flickr

We had a good old chin wag for an hour and a half then went our separate ways. The Pass and car park got quite busy, cars, bikes, cyclists almost a normal Sunday up there tbh. There was a couple of Astons turned up, very nice, a few other notable cars one being a white Chevette all rallied up :wink: and a couple of Panagale's with a Red Benelli Tornado, unusual colour for that bike, looked really well 8)
We watched the cars and bikes coming and going up and down the Penrith side of the hill and there was a small group of cars that went up and down a couple of times going very fast, even overtaking a group of bikes, ok, the bikers weren't going at much of a pace but still unusual. They were very safe though, no cutting anyone up, just lads having a ball, great to see. The pick of the bunch for me was a Renault 5 GT Turbo. It was all tricked up, roll cage and boy did it sound and go well. I rode down to Alston for a fill up and grab a sarnie for my lunch before setting off back to Edinburgh and the garage was rammed, bikers and cars all over the place and basking in the sunshine. There was a ford club there, a Focus ST with 3 Fiestas, a Mk 1 XR2 was a beauty and the other 2 were Mk2 XR2's, great to see out and about. The 5 GT Turbo and his Mates turned up so I got a couple of pics :wink:

ImageIMG_1114 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1115 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Sarnie eaten I sent off at 12:00 North up the A868 to Hexham and then joined the A68. Soon as I joined it at Corbridge it took me right back to when I was travelling up to Edinburgh to see Carolyn every other weekend for 4 years in car and on bike and I loved it in the beautiful sunshine - Happy Days 8) I had to stop at Carter Bar for a photo before the last stint.

ImageIMG_1116 by John Taylor, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1117 by John Taylor, on Flickr

I was home for 2:20 after a thoroughly good days 250 miles on the BCR. I was considering selling the BCR this year, I just wasn't gelling with it, I'm just not a twin fan and although its a beautiful looking bike it wasn't floating my boat like the S1000r and I'll never get rid of my XJR. Any hoo, after Sunday, I think I have changed my mind :mrgreen: . The bike was cumfy, capable, faultless and I really enjoyed being out on my own again riding at my pace and She excelled on the roads I didn't know, especially the narrow back road, the telelever front end just oozes confidence and makes me very happy :D Lockdown positive, lets see :wink:

ImageIMG_1119 by John Taylor, on Flickr
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Blackal

Re: Hart side Pass - (not cafe )

Postby Blackal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 am

Very nice!

The Renault 5 looks to be on cut slicks? :shock:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm

I believe She was. His Dad used to race them and that's how come he's got one, along with a few bits his Dad still had by the look of it :wink:

Gave the old girl a wash to get rid of them pesky flies :D

ImageIMG_1190 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Snow foamed

ImageIMG_1192 by John Taylor, on Flickr

All clean again, ready for the next adventure

ImageIMG_1195 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 pm

Nice photos thanks for sharing :wink:
2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks for posting , I thought you'd have taken the opportunity to get your hair cut at the Boxter meet up ... :wink:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:20 pm

nab 301 wrote:Thanks for posting , I thought you'd have taken the opportunity to get your hair cut at the Boxter meet up ... :wink:

:thumbleft: :lol: I'm starting to quite like me hair a bit longer but know when we get back to normal I'll be back to "No2 back and sides Mate and a bit longer on top so I can rough it up please" :D

Return to “Ride Reports”