Jt's N.Yorks Rideout

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

BoxerCup R

Jt's N.Yorks Rideout

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 pm

What a fantastic day we had. The sun shone and it was very warm, perfect biking weather. there were 12 bikes of all sizes and types from a KTM 590 to two ZZr1400's and 14 people in total. I took the S1000R - now known as ViPeR, to get some miles on her seen as I've booked first service for this thursday. First job was to get my knee down after 10 miles. Ryan who was in his soft top Saab would follow and dash ahead during the day to get photos and join in too so he had gone to an agreed corner to take said photo

ImageJSPC3058 by John Taylor, on Flickr

We made our way across the Yorkshire back roads with very little traffic, great scenery and a lack of potholes, which is unusual right now. First stop was at Seaways Cafe in Fridaythorpe which was very busy as is the norm on any sunny weekend. After some refreshing drinks and a snack we rode through Sledemere to Bridlington and then up the coast to Scarborough where stopped on the prom near the North Bay and had lunch in the hot sun at the Oasis Cafe.

ImageIMG_6939 by John Taylor, on Flickr

After an hours break we set off again up the coast to Whitby. At Whitby we turned inland on the A171 and headed towards Guisborough. We then turned left to Danby and Hutton le Hole ring hard and fast over the moors, infact this was the fastest I've ever rode that stretch because of the lack of cars and especially sheep which were no where to be seen. We next stopped in Helmsley for a stretch of the legs and a toilet stop. Obviously there was only one road to take from Helmsley and so we raced over the Helmsley/Stokesley TT where the front five waited patiently for the rest of our group to arrive.

ImageIMG_6941 by John Taylor, on Flickr

From here I took us through Stokesley to Hutton Rudby and then Great Smeaton. a short blast to Northallerton and we stopped at the Standard pub for a pint before heading home. 5 of us returned to the pub for the craic, sarnies and chips and a quiz and game of bingo. It was gratifying to hear everyone saying how the had enjoyed the day and what a cracking hideout it was. Everyone had returned home safe which is always the most important thing for me.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

popsky

Re: Jt's N.Yorks Rideout

Postby popsky » Tue May 22, 2018 7:05 am

Looks like a great rideout, I’ve got a few tips now for our Olivers Mount/Scarborough weekend :D

Cheers
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Return to “Ride Reports”