Two Days Riding in Tenerife

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

The Teutonic Tangerine

Two Days Riding in Tenerife

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Ok so three couples (all Dengie100 MCC members) on scooters in Tenerife may sound a bit a lame. But here’s the story….
We normally hire bikes, usually stuff like Trans Alps or V Strom 650’s, but this year we decided to give scooters a go. Result one Yamaha X Max 400 and two Kymco 300’s.

Day One pick up the scooters from Topacio in Playa De Las Americas at 10.00am (The girls were busy with shopping plans that day) –

Head off up the west coast on TF47 and TF82 to Santiago Del Teide (coffee stop)

Then the TF436 via Masca to Buenavista Del Norte (very wiggly but good surface) Along the coast to Garachico for lunch then back to Santiago Del Teide via the TF82.

Taking the TF375 and then TF38 we climbed the heights to the National Park and the gigantic crater that surrounds Mount Teide. Turning right onto TF21 we headed back down hill to Vilaflor (coffee stop) and Granadilla back to our base near Las Galletas.

Day two with the girls aboard the route was reversed but missed out the loop via Masca (the girls do not like the narrow roads and near vertical drops) Again coffee stop at Vilaflor, lunch at Garchico but no afternoon stop.

Day Three the bikes have to be back at the shop before 10.00am so the three boys were up and left by 7.00am for a blatt up the TF1 motorway then taking the TF612 to Guimar and then the TF523 via Arafo we joined the Island’s spine road TF24 which takes you past the High altitude Observatories to the Cable Car station at the base of Teide and still well over 11,000 feet above sea level . Picking up the TF21 again we descended via Vilaflor and Arona before getting back to the shop at 09.45.

Technically two days hire, three rides totalling 547 kms all on Scooters. Rental was €100 each for the Kymcos and €115 for the Yamaha I think we each did about €20 worth of petrol – the most fun you can have with your trousers on and definitely hooligan behaviour - my 400 kept grounding the centre stand but only on the days when I didn’t have a pillion.

Oh yes I forgot to say the “Boys” are all 59 and the youngest girl is 57.

Google Maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ten ... 1304?hl=en

A few Photos on the club face book page : https://www.facebook.com/Dengie-100-Mot ... 529170462/

Rental Co: http://www.rentamototenerife.es/
Last edited by The Teutonic Tangerine on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

GerryB

Re: Two Days Riidng in Tenerife

Postby GerryB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Great report !

Thanks .
:D
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Chout1963

Re: Two Days Riding in Tenerife

Postby Chout1963 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
I am also thinking about doing something similar soon.

Return to “Ride Reports”