Rough Weekend.

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

Re: Rough Weekend.

Postby Herb » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:12 am

nab 301 wrote:
Herb wrote: Lots of blood though, was very worrying for a time.

French services were brilliant. Ambulance was there in 7 minutes. End result, he is in hospital in Nancy having had an op to put him back together and a tracheotemy.

Fortunately be will be okay..

Worrying at the time , I think i'll sign up for that FBoS course I've been threatening to do for ages now...

One of the guys with us is a first aider and is used to treating minor injuries and seeing a bit blood. Fortunately he kept calm. My mate was desperate to take his lid off which obviously we did not let him do, especially with obvious damage to the neck.

It has made me realise the value of system helmets (I bought one this year), because it would have made his treatment easier and made him slightly more comfortable until the ambulance arrived.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Very lucky man, glad he's ok. I've been wondering if you have these lethal cheese grater divider and verge fences there? At least farm barb wire fences are usually set well back from verge![Image][/img]

Return to “Ride Reports”