My Scotland 2013 weekend

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 pm

eyore wrote:Nice pic parked beside the takeaway van :D

:?

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

eyore

Postby eyore » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 pm

What brain was saying and finger not listening was.....................I usually park there too as its quieter and its a nice view from there . Also there is a community centre building with loos and a chippy van for a cup of tea, rather than pay rip off prices at the castle caff. :oops:
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

This was the Applecross last year, a lot wetter, and the damn midgies found their way to my head through the vents in my lid :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

eyore

Postby eyore » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm

We had snow on the pass at the end of May last year :shock: But 2009 was a lot better.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple

2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:23 pm

First tour of Scotland I did was in May, and I foolishly thought it would be warm ... so went wearing my summer bike kit.... the snow over Glencoe was a clue by the time we got to Ullapool I was bone cold, and the planned camping went by the by in favour of a B&B with a hot bath, bed and tv with a huge breakfast next morning, and the owner took us on a guided ride out the next day.

Come to think of it I think it was the last time I planned camping :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

eyore wrote:What brain was saying and finger not listening was.....................I usually park there too as its quieter and its a nice view from there . Also there is a community centre building with loos and a chippy van for a cup of tea, rather than pay rip off prices at the castle caff. :oops:

Arghh gotcha. Yes its the best view of the castle with the hills in the back ground. Been there about 5 or 6 times over the years but your comment threw me a bit as there has never been a chippy van when I've been there? Never been to the castle cafe either.

DT

2002 BCR

Mister C (Marsh)

Postby Mister C (Marsh) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Wecome back... Brill pics, good looking trip. I too am a big Scotland fan, West Coast n Outer Hebradies are ny favs. Glad it went well, thanks for sharing. :)

Regards Marsh
er, mmmmm I'll think of something funny soon.

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:41 pm

eyore wrote:We had snow on the pass at the end of May last year :shock: But 2009 was a lot better.

Made me feel kinda old that has, we used to think nothing of camping in Glen etive or some such place in Jan.. :shock: ...breakfast by the roadside as we thawed out and sobered up from some mead or other crap the night before, before another day in the mountains ( Aonach Eagach or similar) and beers at the Clachaig on the evening...kinda miss it sometimes.
But, I`am old and bald now.. :D ...and I like B&Bs and seeing it from a saddle rather than walking up it.....I think..

Point is, thanks for the pics Steve, made me realise I don`t get away on the bike as much as I would like, also, Scotland is kinda wonderfull really, If you could guarantee the weather.. :roll: ..then you would not want for much else really....miss it!

Greg...Start planning!

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

Hayden wrote: Scotland is kinda wonderfull really, If you could guarantee the weather.. :roll: ..then you would not want for much else really....miss it!

Greg...Start planning!

What are you doing in January?

Sod the bikes! I want to climb some hills!!

DT

2002 BCR

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 am

having the weather nice makes it more pleasant but we go every year and even in the rain we still have a great time :) .... with decent kit of course.
--
Steve Parry

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Hayden wrote:
eyore wrote:We had snow on the pass at the end of May last year :shock: But 2009 was a lot better.

Made me feel kinda old that has, we used to think nothing of camping in Glen etive or some such place in Jan.. :shock: ...breakfast by the roadside as we thawed out and sobered up from some mead or other crap the night before, before another day in the mountains ( Aonach Eagach or similar) and beers at the Clachaig on the evening...kinda miss it sometimes.
But, I`am old and bald now.. :D ...and I like B&Bs and seeing it from a saddle rather than walking up it.....I think..

Point is, thanks for the pics Steve, made me realise I don`t get away on the bike as much as I would like, also, Scotland is kinda wonderfull really, If you could guarantee the weather.. :roll: ..then you would not want for much else really....miss it!

Greg...Start planning!

The Clachaig - now that brings back memories!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Hayden wrote:

Greg...Start planning!

Look forward to the pics Steve :)
--
Steve Parry

Return to “Ride Reports”