This Year's trip to wales Now with pictures

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

The Teutonic Tangerine

This Year's trip to wales Now with pictures

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Friday 9th August 16 members of the Dengie100 motorcycle Club riding ten bikes set off from Braintree, Essex for Llanwrytd Wells. We were joined by the 17th member of the party on Friday evening. The ride down was only spoiled by roadworks at Chipping Norton which upset the sat nav. Mileage on arrival at around 6.00pm was 267.

Saturday sow a ride out to Bala lake via Llanidloes and Machynlleth and Dolgellau then a ride around the shores of Lake Vymwy and back to the hotel another 230 miles clocked.

Sunday we went west over the mountain roads to Tregaron (heck it out on Google Maps it's hard to find, Lampeter, Cardigan, Fishguard, Haverfordwest, Tenby, sandersfoot and Pendine Sands with a visit to the landspeed record museum to see Parry Thomas's car BABS. A quick squirt back the hotel via the A40 to Llandovery then the A483 saw 180 miles added to the tally.

Monday and time to come home. Leaving Llanwrytd Wells at 9.22 we rode for two hours and stopped for Coffee at teh March Hare in somewhere East of Worcester on the A422 (sorry I was not the Navigator so did not care where I was). Another hour and a half saw Lunch come up at the Robin Hood at Bufflers Holt near Buckingham (still on the A422). One more comfort break at about 4.15 and home by 5.39 Total mileage for the week end 898.1. Not too bad for a bunch of riders & pillions who's avaerage age is around 50.

Photos can be seen on Facebook "Dengie100MCC".

Have not got round to uploading to Photo Bucket yet.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm

There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

eyore

Postby eyore » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Last time I was at Pendine Sands they wouldent let us on the beach :twisted: Are you allowed again?
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 am

eyore wrote:Last time I was at Pendine Sands they wouldent let us on the beach :twisted: Are you allowed again?

Cars can park on the beach but I don't know how far you are allowed to drive there's no riding as far as I could tell and there's a 10mph speed limit in force as well.

Return to “Ride Reports”