Speyside

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

Speyside

Postby GRAgusta » Sun May 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Jenny's mum has broken a bone in her ankle so we had to pop up to Keith and say high.

We made a 149 mile loop through Strathdon (past Billy Connolly's house), Corgarf to Tomintoul (first and last road closed by snow), then Speyside - Tamnavoulin, Glen Fiddich, Glen Livet, Glenfarclas, Cardhu, Glen Dronach, Glentauchers, Glengarioch.

Visited Nan, then blasted down a superb wide single track road through the gorgeous river Deveron valley (best salmon beats in Scotland). And wound our way home.

A super day out with the wife. :D

Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

StreetFlatTwin

Postby StreetFlatTwin » Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm

feck me you can't hide money matching his and hers Diavels :lol:

I really REALLY fancy them! how do you find them??

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 pm

StreetFlatTwin wrote: matching his and hers Diavels :lol:

I really REALLY fancy them! how do you find them??

Posted elsewhere here:

GRAgusta wrote:
Bikerhoss wrote:Ok, That's nearly a month of ownership now Gawaine, How you getting on? Warts and all please :)

Well to be honest there is not a lot to complain about ... only concern may be that the fuel range is 110 miles to light on and only 20 miles on reserve, so it's a little less generous on fuel range than the R1100S which isn't so generous itself compared to some.

We've both done about 400 miles, and grinned all the way.

Power is addictive, the handling, and response to small inputs is faultless. AND THE NOISE with the Termignoni end cans is brilliant - so many people have commented favourably it's been quite a surprise.

The bike we test drove in October did not have a screen, and Jenny said her neck was not strong enough to ride it above 60mph so we ordered the small perspex screen - it is brilliant, you don't see it and it leaves no wind blast even into a strong cross wind.

Best of all - Jenny has been riding hers by herself when I'm not with her, she has a lot more confidence on the Diavel than she had on her Diversion.

All in all so far very happy.

:D :D

Only thing I'd modify to what I said is that we are now getting nearly 130 miles out of the tank to warning light on, so quite similar to the R1100S on that count. Still very happy with the new toys.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Return to “Ride Reports”