Wot I did on my hols ...

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

Great post. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

mikek_7

Postby mikek_7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by mikek_7 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

mikek_7

finally .....

Postby mikek_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 am

I finally got the whole thing finished. Be warned ... its over an hour in length, but given that there was 40+ hours to start with, it was always going to be a long job,

Part 1 http://tinyurl.com/ab2k9c3 (first 7 seconds are supposed to be black before title comes up)
Part 2 http://tinyurl.com/b3t8b23
Part 3 http://tinyurl.com/bkke3eh

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for posting the vids. Just skimmed through them all and will have a more leisurely look later. It's a trip that my group of mates have been considering for years but we have one or two who can only manage a week off. Yours was 11 days, right? excuding the travelling in the UK

The GoPro works really well, and superbly editted. How did you do the last sequence with the route traced back to Calais??
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

mikek_7

Postby mikek_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 pm

thanks for the comments.The time lapse sequence at the end was also done on the GoPro - one shot ever 10 seconds. Put together in Premiere as 1 still = 1 frame. Background and moving marker were done in After Effects.

The route in Germany was following the Deutsche Motorradstraße wherever possible, a really good set of motorcycling roads covering almost all regions of Germany. I have them as PDF files if anyone wants them. If you want a detailed breakdown of the route let me know. Its possible to get down to the Alps from Calais in 2 longish days days if you don't mind sitting on the motorways . We don't book any accommodation and have never had a problem.
If you can only get a week away, consider either Eiffel mountains or the Black Forest, both are only an a days ride from Calais. Both are bikers paradise, maybe not as spectacular as the Alps or Dolomites but really good riding.

Don't think about it - just do it! you wont regret it.

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info.

Our group are seasoned travellers having been on the continental trip for each of the last 12 years and we are going to the Black Forest via the Ardennes this year. We've done the French Alps and Pyrennes in the past but the trip you've done is not really possible there and back in 7 days.

I would be really interested in the pdfs of Deutsche Motorradstraße and your detailed route for the future. I'll PM you my details.

Thanks a lot
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Return to “Ride Reports”