A day at the races

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Nookiebear wrote:Your good lady's Yammie looks considerably bigger than the R11s or is it just a trick of the eye. I ask as it surprised me as the R11 can't be called small.
:D

Funny you think that but I suppose it does look that way in the photo outside Brno Barcelo Palace, but the Divvy is nearer to the camera and the BMW is downhill. Jenny's bike IS smaller ...
Last edited by GRAgusta on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Fw190 wrote:Misano is a toilet.... stay clear... Mugello is cool as the area is good, lots to see. Venice is like Disney land... sorry if I sound grumpy.... I live here so kind of know what to avoid. if you want off the beaten tourist path then the Reggio Emilia area has a lot to offer, cheaper than Tuscany, but just a beautiful. head into the mountains on the Cerreto and Radici pass and enjoy..

Jenny is keen to visit Venice, so we'll have to think about that. My preferance was Mugello, so I'm interested to hear that you seem to prefer the same.
We'll be looking at going there in 2014. :roll:
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Fw190

Postby Fw190 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:27 am

Well, Venice is amazing... saying it's like Disney land is a bit harsh, but do try to avoid it mid season, early spring can be nice, but getting there on the bike may be a bit chilly at that time.

I have to say that Croatia is pretty nice, run down the coast to Split and beyond and you'll find some wonderful places, you could then get the day ferry to Venice, leave your bikes at your hotel and sail directly to Venice. It would be my preference.

Mugello, the atmosphere can be incredible... last year wasn't so good as Rossi never stood a chance on the Ducati and the ticket prices are very high; they were talking of dropping them as they have done in Spain, but as the track is owned and operated by Ferrari, we'll have to see, but the crowd when it's the right size has a wondeful buzz and if Rossi is up there, then expect tingles..

Misano was one of the worst Moto-GP experiences in 20+ years of going.. the crowd is super aggressive, there's very few stands and the banking is a free for all, it's more akin to a football match than a GP, there's nowhere to park and you pay residents to park in their front gardens! and the racing was pretty poor... I only live an hour and a half from there and would never go back..

Imola for WSBK was fantastic in comparison, great crowd, great track to watch at and close to Bologna if you want a great place to stay... food and wine etc... watch out for the 'working girls' on the way to the Ducati factory though... don't stay too long at the traffic lights... :oops:

Return to “Ride Reports”