New to BMWs

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

masha

New to BMWs

Postby masha » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:13 pm

.. apart from a couple of weekends in Wales on the BMW offroad course in previous years on the 1150 and 1200GS - I'm new to the world of BMW's. Recently I bought an '04 BoxerCup that I have been very pleased with so far as a replacement for my '97Firestorm.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is:
- Based in the South East with a similar bike to mine
- has any 'must-do' advice for this model which is completely standard in my case after purchasing from South London (BMW) Motorcycles in Caterham, Surrey last month.
- can recommend the best all-round tyres and suspension setting for this fine machine.

Happy Boxering for now
Matt Masha
'04 R1100S BoxerCup (and other bikes by Honda, Ducati and KTM)

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Matt and welcome to the site. If you do some reading you will find loads of advise on what to fit just hope you have deep pockets.

As regards suspension then you can fiddle a little but the best way to go is a set of aftermarket shocks to really get the best out of the bikes handling. In fact there is a member selling a set of Wilber Race shocks at the moment.

As regards tyres everybody has their personal preference, I really like Metzeler Sportec M1's but others have different views.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Return to “New Trixters?”