And another one

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

EST51

And another one

Postby EST51 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:44 am

Although new to the 1100S, I've had a Rockster for four years. The addition of the "S" was in pursuit of more comfort when touring.

The new bike is an '03 grey/mandarin with 18000 on, just bought at SBW Hertford. It came with a dodgy mandarin belly-pan [so that'll either have to go or get resprayed in the same pattern as the bodywork], the "sport" kit and the usual corrosion on the front forks [although not as bad as most I saw]. The last bit I just don't understand, as my Rockster is the same age and has [about] the same mileage but doesn't have a mark on it. Since the Rockster has the "S" front end, I can't explain the difference [except that I've never used any sort of chemistry on the Rox (even bike wash has "salts" in it I'm told)]. Anyway, I'll try and refurbish the front following some of the advice I've already seen on here.

The bike's also too tall for me, so I'll be carving some rubber out from under the seat supports. Until I get sucked in to a host of other mods, the only other current plans are for a hugger and front mudguard extender.

Without wishing to sound too sycophantic, you guys are an absolute mine of useful info.

As a matter of interset, I live near Gatwick, so I'll look forward to meeting some of you at the nearby locations [Bury Hill, Wessons, etc].

Thanks for an excellent site.

Cheers, Steve
Imposter on an R1100S site but I do have its illegitimate offspring [a Rockster] in the garage.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:52 am

Hi Steve - welcome to the group. :)

A 'mine of useful info' hmmm...it's all bollox I tell ya, hidden under smokescreen of b/s. :lol:

;)

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime soon.

northernboxer

Postby northernboxer » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:19 am

steve,welcome to the site matey,i too have a grey/mandarin 1100s,i'm fairly new to the site and found it very useful for info and for the banter!.enjoy the bike matey they are fantastic. :D
GARY

tripe

Postby tripe » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:19 am

Welcome Steve, I often head from London to Brighton so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Henry

throttlemeister

Re: And another one

Postby throttlemeister » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:19 am

EST51 wrote:Until I get sucked in to a host of other mods, the only other current plans are for a hugger and front mudguard extender.

Welcome, sounds like you have one similar to mine.

And trust me, you WILL get suckered into mods. Once you do one, it is a lost cause and you cannot stop.
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Welcome Steve and I hope you enjoy your stay and happy riding on your new 'S'.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

EST51

Thanks for the welcome gents

Postby EST51 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:21 pm

The pan on yours looks a lot better than on mine Gijs but then mine also has some iffy stickers on it. If I had any idea how to post a picture I'd show you.

Cheers, Steve[/img][/url]
Imposter on an R1100S site but I do have its illegitimate offspring [a Rockster] in the garage.

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:01 pm

I think the reason S forks pit more than Rockster ones is that the S travels quite a lot quicker, so the finish has more to cope with.....only joking. All the best, CC Mac.
Watching you Focker!

Return to “New Trixters?”