Returning rather than new

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

conncarr

Returning rather than new

Postby conncarr » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi all,

I used to be a member somewhere around 2002 when I had my yellow 'S' with lazer system & chip. The better half wanted more touring, so traded for a K1200RS. Added a pipe and ohlins and it was a fantastic two - up bike. Then came a 1200ST followed quickly by a new K1200GT. Now the better half doesn't want to go on the bike as much, so I can have my toy back. The GT will go into the shop this weekend and I will be getting another 1100S. Not sure which one yet - maybe a BCR but probably a normal S. Watch this space. It will be nice to be back on a real bike again.

Cheers :D
Last edited by conncarr on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Back to Boxers

JoeC

Postby JoeC » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi.
No longer a motorcycle owner.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Sounds Good.

Peter.

conncarr

Postby conncarr » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. Hope to get more involved when I actually get the 1100s. I'm looking around at what's available at the moment. can't yet decide between a BCR (a bit flash?? and would need a GS strut to lower it a bit), a two color newer 1100s or an older one which I can bring up to spec. Ideal would be my old bike - ie ohlins, full system & chip. Time will tell but I can't hang around looking for long - the good weather is acoming and I need to start ruining some tyres. :)
Back to Boxers

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:46 am

Welcome (back).

I think you may find the BCR already has the shorter torque arm and you need a longer one to lower it. So you may as well just get a plain old S, unless you fancy the nice paint and carbon goodies?

conncarr

Postby conncarr » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:05 am

Me-109 wrote:Welcome (back).

I think you may find the BCR already has the shorter torque arm and you need a longer one to lower it. So you may as well just get a plain old S, unless you fancy the nice paint and carbon goodies?

Sorry, my mistake. Yes I would need the longer arm to lower it. Not sure about the BCR. I think it would be nice at first but but not so nice when the novelty has worn off. At the end of the day it is more important that it handles and goes well, and I quite like the 'wolf in sheeps clothing' thing about the standard 'S'. The two colour ones look nice though. It will depend on the deal at the time. If I can get the pipe etc on a good condition bike I can always change the colour!!

Taking my GT in to the shop today (raining of course - waste of time me polishing it last night!) so a bit of a sad day. :cry:

Looking for a new 'S' today - happy day. :D
Back to Boxers

Return to “New Trixters?”