Hello and welcome to my first post.

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

CJ the Bear

Hello and welcome to my first post.

Postby CJ the Bear » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:00 am

Is there a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? Is there light at the tunnel?
Do you make your own luck or is it destiny?

Within the next few days I'll know all the answers to above when I pick up my shining steel horse, ladies and gentlemen, the new R1200RS SportSE.

So much to ask, A lot on this site regarding meets and galleries seem to be down south and from 10 years ago, do you meet in the North West/Wales. Is there day blasts and weekend cruises.

Once engine is broke in, should take a couple of days, It's A82, A87 then the thin stretch clockwise to John O Groats, a bit in Aviemore, A9 then Edinbourgh, A7 or A68, whichever, these are defiantly top routes in the UK.

Can't understand Sat Nav on bikes unless your a courier or in Bolivier. Once took a turn for eight miles over some of the best eye relaxing views we'd ever seen, at the end was a sheep farm, we had to turn back and enjoy it all over again. Sat Nav would of missed this opportunity.

Does one say BM Bike, me Beamer or Bimmer or anything else?

Cheerio, nod to you.
Going Forward with Time

f90x

Postby f90x » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:51 am

Sounds like you have a broad mind CJ. Welcome.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:42 am

Welcome along
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

slparry

Re: Hello and welcome to my first post.

Postby slparry » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:24 am

CJ the Bear wrote:Is there a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? Is there light at the tunnel?
Do you make your own luck or is it destiny?

Within the next few days I'll know all the answers to above when I pick up my shining steel horse, ladies and gentlemen, the new R1200RS SportSE.

So much to ask, A lot on this site regarding meets and galleries seem to be down south and from 10 years ago, do you meet in the North West/Wales. Is there day blasts and weekend cruises.

Once engine is broke in, should take a couple of days, It's A82, A87 then the thin stretch clockwise to John O Groats, a bit in Aviemore, A9 then Edinbourgh, A7 or A68, whichever, these are defiantly top routes in the UK.

Can't understand Sat Nav on bikes unless your a courier or in Bolivier. Once took a turn for eight miles over some of the best eye relaxing views we'd ever seen, at the end was a sheep farm, we had to turn back and enjoy it all over again. Sat Nav would of missed this opportunity.

Does one say BM Bike, me Beamer or Bimmer or anything else?

Cheerio, nod to you.

Hi CJ

You've just missed the local annual meet, the Welsh Weekend, it was last weekend from the Wild Pheasant Hotel Llangollen down a varying selection of routes to mid Wales and back. It's a whole year until the next one, keep an eye out for details as the nicest rooms get booked quickly :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

CJ the Bear

Thanks

Postby CJ the Bear » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 am

Thanks Steve, we'll look forward to it. As soon as dates are set we'll have it booked.

New bikes here and dropped it three times! Damn feet just touch the floor, will have to ask Tom Cruise for his cobblers number or get the lower seat option.

It came with a sat nav thing so I've put a bit of pepper on my humble pie.
Going Forward with Time

popsky

Postby popsky » Wed May 04, 2016 12:54 pm

So I guess you now have the answer, the holy grail it ain't
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu May 05, 2016 10:40 am

So Sat Nav on a bike - from the other side of the fence (glad you like pepper)

I often lead club rides out - people will turn up if they know the destination - using a Tom Tom and "Tyre" (also usable for Garmin). Tyre allows me to plot interesting routes (by zooming into the map) to and from destinations and upload the route to the Tom Tom. On Foreign trips it allows you to plan not only routes but stops and give folks an itinerary i.e. we start at x o c clock and we'll get there by Z o clock. Even if you are not leading or following a route the sat nav also gives you a heads up of when a sharp bend is coming up - useful if you are in a strung out group and "pressing on" on country roads. That's my experience:)

Top Tips when planning routes using way points:
1) Never put the first way point nearer than about half a mile from the start of the ride otherwise the sat nav will send you round in circles trying to find the way point.
2)Never drop a way point on junction (for the same reason) drop it on the road after the junction.
3) When using duel carriage ways make sure the way point is on the correct carriage way (otherwise - yes it will send you to the next junction and send you back the way you came)
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “New Trixters?”