Well actually a returning member with a health message.

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

HerrFlick

Well actually a returning member with a health message.

Postby HerrFlick » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi Everyone.

Returning from an almost two year enforced hiatus, c/- indifferent health, the cause being accumulated effects of a collection of food allergies.

No fun at all.

OK. I post this here despite it being a non-technical status for the simple reason that for some of our members this may be the only way they are informed of a debilitating health problem with effects of which they are unaware.

In late 2014 I found I was allergic to Gluten (plus other foods). The basic effect is mind-numbing fatigue and an inability to function normally for days at a time.

My message: if you are going through inexplicable, mind-numbing fatigue, days of sleeping (naming but a few symptoms), and coffee tasting like shit and making you feel nauseous, then stop eating bread for a few weeks. Not only bread but anything to do with wheat; especially an ingredient of malto-dextrose.

If you're going to feel better then you will be feeling LOT'S better. Be in no doubt.

In my case I had been in inextricably declining health for the last several years, to the point where I seriously wondered if I would ever regain my interest in riding/driving, ending up as a tired old man with nothing to which to look forward, sunning himself in a bright garden with a blanket over his knees and a hot cuppa + cream biscuit. LOL

Very gloomy, but that was my reality until I found I was gluten-intolerant. (plus other stuff ...)

Hope this is of assistance to some.

Cheers.

John C. aka HerrFlick. :)
Real torque curves don't have a first derivative. :-^)

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear of your ill health, I know that gluten intolerance is very debilitating, glad you've had a diagnosis and are on the mend just in time for summer, so good riding to you
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

HerrFlick

Postby HerrFlick » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:35 pm

popsky wrote:Sorry to hear of your ill health, I know that gluten intolerance is very debilitating, glad you've had a diagnosis and are on the mend just in time for summer, so good riding to you

Thanks Popsky.

Actually it's autumn here. Best time of the year for riding. A balmy 25-28 C. Day after day of endless sunshine. :twisted:

Summer is not a good time: bursts of 35C+ and regularly hitting 40C. The S doesn't like it at all because of an inadequate oil cooler (with no fan). Oil cooler temps are up around 120C so oil temp in the heads would be even higher. Grrr. Not good.

Being Saturday morning I should be out on Herr Flick now but am still putting him back together. Not much longer tho'.

Cheers

:)

Real torque curves don't have a first derivative. :-^)

Return to “New Trixters?”