New to boxertrix

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tonyn

New to boxertrix

Postby tonyn » Thu May 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello all
I saw the link in RIDE as well and now first time on any forum of any sort!!
I have had my 1100s, 2000 yr, sports pack, for a year now and delighted.
Its black (nice) with carbon hugger and dark higher screen.
I have been biking for 35 yrs (20 yr gap) - had RD350 and 400 in the 70s, recently 2 Dukes, but the 1100 is the DBs and my riding is quicker than ever. On nice sweepy A roads no-one gets past!! Any one else in Gloucestershire?
The brakes arent as good as the Dukes - any advice on pads? Or braided lines? What about these Y pipes? do they work?
Rubber side down or whatever it is!!
Bye 4 now

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu May 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Welcome tonyn. 8) braided lines are definitely worth the effort to source, as is a Y piece. Enjoy participating on the site.

Paul :wink:
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 pm

hi Mate,
welcome to the boxer mad house, I dont live in Gloucester but Im quite often in the area as I do a fair bit of work at RAF Innsworth, up there tomorrow in fact on me S, yep they are great arent they, Y Piece is the best performance upgrade, and cheapish if you find one on the fleabay, havent done the brake lines yet, but I think the brakes are pretty good.
I stuck EBC normal pads in last time, nothing to really compare them with, some people swear by OE pads, but a bit pricey.

Mine is also a 2K model (Std) and black, with a bit of silver.

Have you had any dealings with BVM, whats your opinion of them.

Any way, see ya, you might hear me go past tomorrow( remus race and Y) :twisted:
---------------------------

Return to “New Trixters?”