Less 'my other bike is a'...

This is the forum for current/former/aspiring 'S owners to discuss their other two wheeled choices.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

Less 'my other bike is a'...

Postby Gromit » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:12 pm

...more a case of my bike is a...

HD FXDXi Dyna Sport. Still 2 large cylinders cooled by God's own air so I guess it's still some kind of motorcycling perfection ;)

650 miles on it now and smoothing out nicely. Handles bloody well too, especially for a nigh-on 300kg machine.

http://www.hdforums.com/forceddownload. ... 1%3B132097

http://www.hdforums.com/forceddownload. ... 0%3B132097

First service booked for next friday at which point the Vance & Hines gets fitted. :)

BOX ON'T BACK

Postby BOX ON'T BACK » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Can you get Boxertrix stickers with tassles ??? :lol:

.. ok .... ill get my coat :?

T

Rods

Postby Rods » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:22 pm

lucky you had that garage door in the background shut, or nobody would have even noticed your bike for my two fine steeds :P

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:41 am

Another pic...

This puppy's LOUD :D

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:49 am

Aesthetically, I preferred it with the longer pipes and without the pillion backrest... still if it was mine I'd probably have a Givi box on the back so who am I to talk :D

I'll have to come and listen to you rattle the windows out at the Ace or similar venue.

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:58 am

Adam - the backrest is detachable (fortunately) as it does ruin the lines somewhat. Seems to work well though, if my (female) passengers are to be believed - seems to provide a 'massaging' effect...at least I think that's what they say... ;)

The pipe - I really wanted the V&H ProPipe which is about 10" longer than this one, and a larger bore. Bit pricey though and I got this one, nearly new, for less than half price off ePay. It does sound rather fruity though - and it gives the bike a fair bit more ground clearance, which when you've got sod-all to start with, is a step in the right direction. :)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:47 pm

Gromit wrote:Another pic...

This puppy's LOUD :D

Right - help me out here :?

I'm seeing a black bike with two brown Harley Davidsons in the background :?: :roll:

But - seriously, Good looking bike and would be my choice for a tour of the US (seriously considering).

But please...... don't stop acknowledging other bike-riders on the road like most HD'ers. :(

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:37 pm

I saw today that Warwickshire's finest have a new addition to their fleet of persecution vehicles - a harley c/w screen and blue lamps. Don't ask me which model I was laughing so much I couldn't see :lol: The outriders on the BMW K's were doing their best impression of "he's not with us"
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:59 am

Blackal wrote:
But please...... don't stop acknowledging other bike-riders on the road like most HD'ers. :(

Al :D

Absolutely - I think I do it all the more now. Always make a big point of nodding at sportsbike riders.

I know it's not big (or clever) but out on the H*g yesterday I had a dust-up with some guy (the usual poweranger-type) through London on a Gixxer 600. After I had to wait for him to catch up, we sat side by side at some traffic lights - he would NOT make eye contact with me at all. Made me chuckle....just a little bit ;)

julian

Postby julian » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:32 pm

He was probably too embarrassed to look at your bare nekkid cold arse sticking out of the buttless chaps :shock:
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

crucial

Postby crucial » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:43 pm

He was probably too embarrassed to look at your bare nekkid cold arse sticking out of the buttless chaps

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:17 pm

julian wrote:He was probably too embarrassed to look at your bare nekkid cold arse sticking out of the buttless chaps :shock:

Thanks a lot for the vision - that's tonight's sleep gone!
:shock:

Al :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “My other bike's a...”